VHSL announcement on Monday

Lance

There's a post on the LPD board that says VA High is moving down to single A and might wind up in the Lonesome Pine. They are pretty close to single A numbers and still dropping but I always thought they would go the route of Graham, Grundy, and Tazewell and play up.

More than likely just leave it as a three team league. Lee would probably file a suit against the VHSL if they moved all the Highlands schools back to the Southwest. Of course with Lee going to the state board of education and whining about not getting to play in Class A, their request to be moved down could be granted and Marion and Abingdon would simply go to the SWD and maybe a new district in Region D would be formed with Lee and maybe a few of the bigger LPD schools. The next few weeks could be very well be very interesting...

These small 3 and 4 team districts are terrible. Not only for football (7 non-district opponents is hard to come by), but in other sports as well. For example, Hurley's baseball team has only played 12 games this year, and will only finish up with a total of 14 for the regular season (if I got my number right). They have had something like 6 games cancelled on them.

I don't know if the BDD will be a topic, but something needs to be done with these smaller districts.

-Josh

Maybe it is just time for Graham, Tazewell, and Grundy to drop to A and complete the collapse of Region IV. I see now that trying to hold on and play AA is useless. Everyone else drops why shouldn't we? Pretty soon there will be no one left to play. If we don't get a 4A system soon, everyone west of Roanoke will be A in 10 years. Some major realignment needs to be done that is for sure.