VHSL Redistricting for AA in 2005-06...

GMan

Region IV will be down to 14 schools, as compared to 19 schools in Region III, 30 schools in Region II, and 24 schools in Region I.

The Highlands will be a three team district...Abingdon, Marion, and Lee.

The Piedmont will have six teams...Bassett, Dan River, Magna Vista, Martinsville, Patrick Co. and Tunstall.

The Southwest will remain the same with Graham, Grundy, Tazewell, Richlands, and Carroll Co.

There will only be three districts in Region III...there will no longer be a Dogwood District...Appomattox Co. will be moved back to the Seminole and Prince Edward Co. will be moved Region I, Battlefield District.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man you got to be kidding me, a 3 team district? Why not move then in with the rest of us in the Southwest District and listen to Lee complian and Gripe about the bus rides. I know for a fact that Coach Rife here at Richlands offered them our field and lockerooms to play people like Carroll County. If you ask me this is one big mess.

I'll agree with you, but the Black Diamond district is getting the same way, you have 3 teams competeing in football, I think Honaker with the talent they seem to have year in and year out they could play up and join the Southwest District that along with Marion and Abington would make the district a little bit more interesting.

VHSL can't find their ass with both hands behind their back can they?

Move CC out of the SWD into the Peidmont and bring in Marion, Labanon, and Abingdon...send Lee wherever they will shut up and quit crying...single A sounds fine to me if VA High can go there so can Lee as far as I'm concerned...lol.

I seriously doubt that lebanon would move back up to AA. Everyone's said for years why don't they move Caroll to the Piedmont? Whats with the rumour that grayson county wanting to join the Southwest,why not move them in the highlands?

i'd just love to see marion, lebanon, and abingdon all in the SWD...would be a fun show to watch every year and would only leave a couple of games for each team to schedule out of area...

CC uses Peidmont refs already don't they? Might as well join then.

Honaker almost actually decided to join the SWD back in the early or mid 90s. I think it would be a good idea, we have wanted to leave the BDD for years and the Hogo won't take us back. I'd say Honaker would do pretty good in all sports in Region IV. We play most of the Highlands/Southwest teams in lots of sports anyway and do pretty good. We would be a good fit I think, we were one of the biggest Class A schools in the state at one time, but our decrease in enrollment over the years really hasn't made an impact in athletics. Graham is a tiny school now like we are and look how well they do!

Here's one i don't understand people, I was reading and grayson county is listed as having 662 students, Why not have them join the Highlands district and boot Patrick Henery and Lebanon back up to AA status and put them in the Highlands also? and move Caroll out of the the SWD

in all truth grahm , grundy, and tazwell should be out of the swd. carroll county has more of a right to be there than any of those schools because it has AA enrollment while those three have single A enrollment if the VHSL had any balls and told every one that they had to play what their enrollment was no excetions that would solve alot of problems than you could have one disrtict in AA with lee, cc, richlands, abingdon, and grayson county, and a Single A disrtict with grahm, grundy, honaker, tazwell, and Va. high. this not a knock on grahm, grundy and tazwell i respect those programs for playing up and playing against tougher teams even though in single A they would have had a easy opp's in the district but a tough road in the playoffs in the past when it came to the region when pv, appy had such great teams but once again this is not a knock on those schools just a little fyi for all those people who say that cc sould go to the pidmont.

Carroll County BELONGS in the RIVER RIDGE DISTRICT. If THEY had any BALLS that is where they would be if THEY had done what the VHSL had recommended!

Carroll Co. fans can't accept the fact that they are the largest school in Region IV and continually get whipped on the football field by smaller district/region schools. This past season was an exception for the most part...47-16 does stand out though. Maybe Carroll County should change their school colors to GREEN.

Grayson Co. will continue to be a Class A school...they are NOT moving up to AA.

From what I've read/heard, it really isn't going to matter in a couple of years anyway...the VHSL is planning to go to four classifications in 2007-08...FINALLY! Carroll Co. will find itself in AAA against the likes of Pulaski Co., Salem, William Fleming, Patrick Henry (Roanoke), Bassett, and Magna Vista.

Yeah...well Grundy, Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands have been in the SWD for how long now? yeah you are right...CC has much more claim to the SWD than any of those johnny come lately's....

I don't understand how a school can be in a district but can't use the same ref's that the rest of the teams in that district use? From what I remember from last year that played a big part in their 9-0 start to...but that's old news...and I don't want to get 88Wave started again...roflmao.

And just an FYI for you on the "hard road in the playoffs..." comment you made in ref to PV...ask them if they want any more from Grundy...also wonder why GC plays at single A when they could play at AA?

i'm not saying that carroll county would not fit into the river ridge better but lets not go trying to tell carroll county to get some balls because you people from grahm can say that you guys play up because you want better competion but we all know that it is because you guys would have never gotten out of the region in single A and this pround rich history you guys have would have a feww more negatives on it and you can come back and say that we play those teams like gate city during the regular season but that is a big difference than playing teams like that in the playoff when it is one and done. lets face it grahm like being the big fish in a little pond with the diversity and a city to pull students from you should win but at least the few people i know from carroll county know that it would not be a good move for them to go and play against city school when they are a county school that every one from the county has to go to. it makes it tough for them to get players to come out for sports. the swd is a much better fit for them because the schools and programs are similar.