Martinsville 68 Magna Vista 65

pdfan

Hard fought game at the Dog House tonite.One point game with a minute to play but Mavahi made some crucial freethrows and MV missed a pair that would have gave them the lead. Props to the Dogs on making the plays when they needed to. Return engagement on Feb 5 at Magna Vista which I'm sure will be the first full house at Ridgeway this year.

nice game between likely the 2 best teams in region iv...but man, wasn't the officiating just downright horrendous? those guys lost control of the game early in the 2nd quarter...maybe even before that.

With the way both of these teams get after you on "D", I think it tends to be a hard game to officiate.If you don't blow the whistle enough it gets out of hand, and if you blow it too much it also takes away from the style both teams like to play. Hard to find that happy medium.Also, alot of these guys just have a hard time keeping up with the pace of the game it seems to me. Should be a good one in Ridgeway on the 5th. Won't be able to make that one, so I hope my Warriors can earn a split that night(I'm getting married to an"old Dog" on the 3rd and she won't let me stay and watch the game...something about a honeymoon LOL!!!)

wow! congrats on that. you're getting married on my birthday. maybe she'll sway you our way...haha. i've already began swaying my magna vista alum our way...she even cheered for the dogs tonight. i agree with your assessment on the officiating by the way...i honestly think they've let the physicality get too far in the last 5 years or so though.

Root for Mavahi.....well maybe in time but the navy and silver runs awful deep. I've already moved to town and that was hard to do.But as far as the game I just hate it when a forearm shiver gets a no call out front but then just a touch gets you a foul underneath the basket. The game has gotten(at least in the Piedmont)way more physical the last 4-5 years but I think the refs are to inconsistant. Set the tone early then stay the same all game. Went to one game this year and you had to draw blood in the 1st half to get a foul called(7 total fouls in the half) then the 2nd half was nothing but a foul shooting contest(26 total fouls). Just be the same start to finish I say.

In my case, it's the old-school black and white that has been replaced by the red and white. I thought the officiating was really a case of call a foul one way for one team and then a "gimme" call to keep the other coach happy. I really can't believe that Martinsville missed 19 free throws - seems like too many of those were the front ends of 1 and 1's. Glad to see Snook as the hero.

[ QUOTE ]

(I'm getting married to an"old Dog" on the 3rd and she won't let me stay and watch the game...something about a honeymoon LOL!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats!!!