Graham getting...

ghs84

a new stadium just as soon as i hit the megamillions.lol.how many people on here thinks that tazewell co. should give this school a stadium?and i dont care how much money it costs.i believe that everyone who is a resident of tazewell co.knows that they have money.

[ QUOTE ]

a new stadium just as soon as i hit the megamillions.lol.how many people on here thinks that tazewell co. should give this school a stadium?and i dont care how much money it costs.i believe that everyone who is a resident of tazewell co.knows that they have money.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have the money???

What is this dreamland where you are living????????

TCSB has very little money; we get no respect from anybody, as does every school west of Roanoke. Everybody working at Richmond believes the Commonwealth ends at Roanoke.

just wanted to know what everyone in bluefield,va thought about it.and i hate every team that Graham play against.i guess thats the way everybody feels at one point or another.

Maybe I'm having a senior moment, but didn't Graham play at the school MANY years ago?? Why not bring in bleachers, add a few toilets, a concession stand and play there? I was at the GHS/THS playoff game this year and Tazewell certainly doesn't have as nice a place as Mitchell St. but it's theirs and it's truely a home field.

I went to nearly every Graham home game in the last 3 years. The home crowd is usually 4,000 for most every game. Depending on the visitor, total crowds range from 4,500 (Martinsville, Blacksbirg) to 7,000 to 8,500 (Tazewell, Richlands.)

I know the number I heard to build a new stadium for Blacksburg was in the $5,000,000 range. That stadium would only seat 5,000.

dont be fooled by our so called politicians,"tazewell co. very little money"now that is a dreamland.because tazewell co. doesnt spend money and thats a damn fact.they have enough to build Graham a very nice school and stadium to go with it.so dont feed that crap on here cause nobody believes it!

nice...but i doubt that will happen...but there are plans on making an all Tazewell County school or some crap and there will be a sports complex with a new field in like 10 years though or some outrageous number like that

[ QUOTE ]

dont be fooled by our so called politicians,"tazewell co. very little money"now that is a dreamland.because tazewell co. doesnt spend money and thats a damn fact.they have enough to build Graham a very nice school and stadium to go with it.so dont feed that crap on here cause nobody believes it!

[/ QUOTE ]

If we do have all this money, then why are we near the bottom of the counties in receiving money from Richmond?

I don't blame Graham for wanting their own stadium, but I don't think many of their fans realize how subpar such a complex would be in comparison to Mitchell Stadium if it happened.

My suggestion, for those of you on this board who want to see Graham have it's own stadium why not take the issue to the Bluefield, VA city council and attempt to get some sort of fund started which would eventually lead to the complex being built? It has to start somewhere.

you have figured it out! taxwell county has the means to make the much needed improvements to the school facilitiees.they just do not have the will. with a 1.3 million$$$$ county budget surpluss you would think they would filter some of that into to the school construction fund and build grahmn a feild and richlands a feild house. of coarse that probably would come out of the take care of your buddy fund and they couldnot have that confused.gif