Why Districts?

wvuraiders

I was wondering if anyone could give me a logical basis on the way districts are formed. I can see the logic based on location and region but I do not see any similarity in population/enrollement of schools. For example, you have teams such as Narrows/Craig County Playing teams with twice sometimes three times their enrollment. It hardly seems fair to me...Could someone please explain the districts and classification system.

I think you answered your own question to a certain extent. Most teams try to fill up their schedule with teams that are within a reasonable traveling distance. Sometimes that means scheduling schools that are much larger than you. Even schools in the same district sometimes vary alot in their enrollments. If you only have 5 or 6 teams in your district then that means scheduling a half dozen non district games. Sometimes filling up your schedule is difficult and that can lead to some long distance mis-matches. Maybe someone else will explain things alot better than I have. Good luck on getting a better answer. I've found out that if it doesn't involve Graham then you want get much response on this board. smirk.gif

actually if you would take the time to read all the posts then you would find many are about other teams not just graham. i do not know what you have against graham though.this board is run by the gman but with help from lance who is grundy and by several from the wv side like bluefield rules. so please take the time to read the posts and see that more are from other areas other than graham.

I don't have anything against Graham! I said if your post doesn't involve Graham then you want get much response.

You just proved my point! The man has a question about Va. football districts and you don't respond to it,but I mention Graham and get a response. I not saying thats bad but thats just the nature of this board. tongue.gif

Seems to me like half the threads on here turn into arguements about Graham because people get on here and start complainin "that everything on here is about Graham". If you don't want Graham comin up on here so much, then try not to get under all the Graham poster's skins! crazy.gif

It's this simple, if you want more posts about something other than Graham then get more people from other areas to post here. Trust me, G would gladly welcome more posters and more diversity from all areas of the SWVA area; even areas outside of the coverage area. You have a large number of Graham fans here, so naturally they're going to discuss what they know the most about; Graham.

my response to you was to the fact that there are just as many people on here as people from graham. if you take the time to read the posts you would see that.it seems like people from the bluefield area care more about their teams that you do yours. and you did not give anyone much time to respond to his question before you came and made the comment that unless it pertains to graham he would get no response. the man who runs this board is one of the best at information and i feel he would have given a answer as soon as he read the post.

What I wrote wasn't meant to be an offence it was just an obeservation that post having to do with Graham will get alot more response! I know Graham has a great football tradition and is a fine school. Of the few post I have made on this board, this one has gotten the most reply. I wonder Why? wink.gif

possibly because of your comments towards graham and this board and their fans you think. people will answer questions about other schools here not just about graham. granted there are probably more graham fans that read this message board and if that bothers you i am sorry. but if you would take the time to read past posts you would find that others have asked questions about their school and gotten plenty of answers and nothing was said about graham. it all depends on what you say and how you say it as to the response you will get.

I thought this post was about districts???!!! confused.gif Hey G-man, how about taking some of those post and create another section called "complainers". One person did state a pretty valid reason about the districts. Made sense to me. Be safe people wink.gif