Newspaper Articles on Teams

MavsRock

• 2 weeks later...

I just thought I'd let those know that don't already, the BDT preview isn't being published until Friday (8/27). Why they wait until the day of first games I have no idea. It would be nice if they would at least publish the preview issue the day before the games started.

Bristol paper has it's football stuff out today...very good coverage...they have PV as the top team in the region, Grundy as #2, Graham as #3, and GC as #4, Richlands as #5.

[ QUOTE ]

Bristol paper has it's football stuff out today...very good coverage...they have PV as the top team in the region, Grundy as #2, Graham as #3, and GC as #4, Richlands as #5.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PV and GC you are talking about wouldn't happen to be Powell Valley and Gate City would it?

VHS was rated 8th today in the Bristol paper. I was pretty suprised to see them ranked in the top 10, hopefully they will be one of the better teams in SWVA. The players seem to love the new coach and his style of play.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The PV and GC you are talking about wouldn't happen to be Powell Valley and Gate City would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...

Seems like the Bristol Herald always favors VHS. For example a prediction would go like this.

"Virginia High School has a new coach this year. Their team really seems to be firing on all cylinders. The Tennessee Vols lost their senior quarterback last year, so they may be in for along season. The only score the VOLS will put on the board tonight will be a field goal. Prediction for this game VHS 72- UT 3."

Just what I have noticed over the past 8 years or so. :-) Good luck this season. Have a good one.

[ QUOTE ]

sorry about that...

I don't know of any other PV or GC that would be ranked that high...lol.

I wont be so lazy when i type from now on...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

PV 1st would sound about right. 1st or second. GC being 4th? I dunno about them being ranked that low. They'll be in at least 3rd in the region.