Bluefield vs. Oak Hill Acadamey

bluefieldRocks

[ QUOTE ]

Still a very talented team made up of some very good players that wanted to be on the Gold Team but just weren't quiet good enough, plus a couple of "regular Joe" students at Oak Hill Academy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the first part of that statement..."made up of some very good players that wanted to be on the Gold Team but just weren't quiet good enough"...these kids ARE players, just not good enough for the GOLD TEAM. NONE of the starters which played against Bluefield are the "regular Joe" students at Oak Hill Academy...the kids that played agasint Bluefield will, in all likelihood, being playing at the next level, maybe not D1 but definitely at the college level...so obviously, they are not the "regular Joe's" that I was talking about...those were the kids at the end of the bench that never saw playing time in that game...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

bluefield didn't turn the ball over... and Gman didn't say anything about gilliard but you all brought it up. And i will say Bluefield played their best ball of the year in the first half. Why? cause they ran up and down the floor with their athletes creating plenty of shots. why did they lose? They stopped running in the second half and tried to run a half court offense which usually involves very little passing and someone driving to the hole every time into many defenders. so yes, in a way Gilliard didn't really help out the situation by not going with what worked earlier. And also the last shot attempt was horrible. Def wasn't any play created on the last time out by gilliard. Looked like it was give Moore the ball and let him go the length of the court in 3+ seconds against a very athletic team. Their are more threats than dexter even though he is a very talented player, and trust me i would want him taking the last shot, but you can't expect him to go the length in 3 seconds and get a decent shot off.

[ QUOTE ]

bluefield didn't turn the ball over... and Gman didn't say anything about gilliard but you all brought it up. And i will say Bluefield played their best ball of the year in the first half. Why? cause they ran up and down the floor with their athletes creating plenty of shots. why did they lose? They stopped running in the second half and tried to run a half court offense which usually involves very little passing and someone driving to the hole every time into many defenders. so yes, in a way Gilliard didn't really help out the situation by not going with what worked earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for posting that...I'm getting tired of posting about the coaching deficiencies for Bluefield.

I've always been of two theories..."dance with what brung ya." and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Bluefield's "bread and butter" is to use pressure defense to create turnovers and to run off of those turnovers...why mess with success???

When Bluefield plays pressure D, forces turnovers, and runs off of those turnovers and/or missed shots at the other end, there is NO TEAM, in WV, in Class AA, that can stop them or force them to change what they are doing. The only person that can stop that is Bluefield's Head Coach...and when he does Bluefield gets out of its element and gives the other team a chance to either comeback, or at least make it a lot closer than it should have been...

[ QUOTE ]

but when teams can counter that. They have to switch it up. I've seen the pressure D not work before this season. Atleast twice... and they had to switch to something else

[/ QUOTE ]

Which WV, Class AA teams can counter that???

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

When Bluefield plays pressure D, forces turnovers, and runs off of those turnovers and/or missed shots at the other end, there is NO TEAM, in WV, in Class AA, that can stop them or force them to change what they are doing. The only person that can stop that is Bluefield's Head Coach...and when he does Bluefield gets out of its element and gives the other team a chance to either comeback, or at least make it a lot closer than it should have been...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truth. No one can run with us in AA. No one.