Graham-Beaver thoughts

dookie

I had a bad feeling about this game when I woke up this morning and for good reason. Graham was not even competitive tonight, and I am afraid this won't be the last time we will see that this year.Here are a few thoughts I have had.

1. After seeing Bluefield in those mustard pants I never thought Freddy could outdo himself, but I was wrong. Where the hell did he get those ugly Blue jerseys? They were hideous!

2. Bluefield has one heck of football team, there is no doubt about that. You could have named your score tonight. I now know what you guys felt like in 2001.

3. Those Graham sophomores worked their way thru the jitters, and were impressive I thought. They will have to be reckoned with in the future.

4. Robert Henry looked like he hurt that shoulder again in the first quarter, and was out of pads in the second half. Could he be finished for the year? Really tough break for the G-men.

5. Our quarterback should not be Kevin Matthews, it should be Ronnie Workman, period. His performance tonight except for one good pass stunk.

6. Our line got crushed tonight, and it still needs work. Lots of work.

7. What the heck happened to the Graham defense? Whatever we changed, we need to change it back. And fast.......

8. Hats off to Coach Carlock for playing the sophomores, we will take some lumps this year, but next year we should be a serious threat.

9. Finally, I will admit that I don't think we will have a Graham like season this year. We will be down some, maybe 6-4 or 5-5. I do not think we are a threat in the SWD. It's a two horse race, and we aren't one of them. I hope I am wrong about that statement.

Best of luck to the Beavers and congrats, you earned it.

Best of luck to the G-Men. They certainly have a lot of work to do, but have some outstanding young talent. Carlock isn't afraid to play the younger kids if they're better and I believe you're going to see a lot of them this season. They'll take their lumps, but they'll be the better for in the future. You're right though, the Workman kid should be the QB. Granted he played against the Bluefield reserves in the 4th, but he still looked a lot better than Matthews did. Tough break for Henry, I certainly hope he can return soon...

[ QUOTE ]

Where the hell did he get those ugly Blue jerseys? They were hideous!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there for one night only(lets hope).... As a tribute to one of the former coach's of bluefield who died last year

This is not a told you so I just didnt see how people online could post that you guys would be 9-1 8-2 at the worst. I have heard of wishful thinking but look at bradshaw at marshall the kid is an amazingly gifted athlete. You cant replace him just like that.

SWD is wide open. Gonna be a dog fight but I like our chances lol.

Everybody writing Graham off so early in the season? Whats funny is that we have seen this situation before... and then Graham come back after a loss to Beaver and beat their next 6 opponents! Good Luck to the G-Men and the Beavers the rest of the season!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Everybody writing Graham off so early in the season? Whats funny is that we have seen this situation before... and then Graham come back after a loss to Beaver and beat their next 6 opponents! Good Luck to the G-Men and the Beavers the rest of the season!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Try losing the first two games and then firing off 10 straight wins enroute to making it to the state semifinals.

Bluefield went 1-3 to open the first four games of the 2002 season and ended up in the state title game. Things can turn around quickly in football for any team.