BLUEFIELD VS LOGAN

OU81

Just got back from the game. Boy was it exciting. I must bring this up though. There had to have been some homecooking when we played at logan. Because we demolished them tonight in every aspect of the game. Ponder was hot, he hit a couple of jump shots and we jumped out to an early lead, it was all bluefield after that. We went into halftime up by 10 i believe. Then the 2nd half chance cotrell opened up and got some big steals and some good baskets. chance cotrell goes up for a layup and miss, and i swear to you guys ponder jumps 4 foot off the ground and tommahawks the ball for a slam dunk, i've never saw anything like that. He came outa nowhere. then shaun brooks goes on a breakaway and slams it real hard. This game was all bluefield for start to finish. We do need to work on our rebounding, other than that. I think were pretty set.

This team is really starting to excite me guys..

I watched most of the 3rd and 4th quarters, this is the 1st game I've seen in years and this is a really good basketball team. I agree it's hard to fathom logan defeating them earlier, although logan hustles really hard.

I really don't know the caliber of other aa teams but if logan is considered among the top then something is wrong with bluefield if they aren't able to earn the aa title with this team.

I will write this about that dunk, it was a fun dunk to watch but with all due respect the players they had on their '96 title team, particularly a.j. ? could leap a lot more impressively than what I saw in this game. But they were an exceptional team, in my opinion it will be hard for bluefield to ever equal those 2 teams, '95 and '96.

But again I write that with all due respect as this seems to be a really strong bluefield team with good basketball skills, and a lot of quickness and aathletisim and aa deep bench. ...

[ QUOTE ]

Just got back from the game. Boy was it exciting. I must bring this up though. There had to have been some homecooking when we played at logan. Because we demolished them tonight in every aspect of the game. Ponder was hot, he hit a couple of jump shots and we jumped out to an early lead, it was all bluefield after that. We went into halftime up by 10 i believe. Then the 2nd half chance cotrell opened up and got some big steals and some good baskets. chance cotrell goes up for a layup and miss, and i swear to you guys ponder jumps 4 foot off the ground and tommahawks the ball for a slam dunk, i've never saw anything like that. He came outa nowhere. then shaun brooks goes on a breakaway and slams it real hard. This game was all bluefield for start to finish. We do need to work on our rebounding, other than that. I think were pretty set.

This team is really starting to excite me guys..

[/ QUOTE ]

there was some homecooking that went on down at Logan, but still it doesnt make up for the lack of how bad Bluefield played on that night.

I mean Moore and Ponder was the only ones who really did anything on that evening.

+ Bluefield was in control of the game until Gilliard did what he's known best for doing and brought Bluefield out of the press and Logan was able to get back in it.

no. 24 Bryantz O'Brien and no. 21 for Logan got hot outside and Bevins did his part inside to get Logan back in the game and bring the victory to them.

could Bluefield had won the game at Logan back in Janurary? yes they could have, but when they was brought out of the press, everything just snow-balled.

Bluefield looks good and they are the only team that i look at and say for certain could/should be in the AA title game this season, the only question is who will be there with them?

will it be Wyoming East, Ravenswood, Weir, Logan, Westside, Lincoln Co., or who....that my dear Watson is the question.

[ QUOTE ]

A Graham Fan liking bluefield.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must be dreaming

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham and Bluefield fans pull for each other except for when they play each other...

[ QUOTE ]

I watched most of the 3rd and 4th quarters, this is the 1st game I've seen in years and this is a really good basketball team. I agree it's hard to fathom logan defeating them earlier, although logan hustles really hard.

I really don't know the caliber of other aa teams but if logan is considered among the top then something is wrong with bluefield if they aren't able to earn the aa title with this team.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many times do I have to say it...the only thing that can and will beat Bluefield is its own Coach...even I could coach this team to the WV AA Title...

[ QUOTE ]

21 02/23/07 A PRINCETON -

22 02/24/07 A OAK HILL

Those are our remaining games. Come to the princeton game. Its going to be a wild one for sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the Princeton game, what time, and is there a JV game or whatever prior to the Varsity game??

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

21 02/23/07 A PRINCETON -

22 02/24/07 A OAK HILL

Those are our remaining games. Come to the princeton game. Its going to be a wild one for sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is the Princeton game, what time, and is there a JV game or whatever prior to the Varsity game??

[/ QUOTE ]

Princeton HS

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A Graham Fan liking bluefield.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must be dreaming

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham and Bluefield fans pull for each other except for when they play each other...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly i just don't see why since my season is over i can't cheer for my friends just bc of the rilvalry