Grundy 62 - Shelby Valley 6

Lance

Garon Marcum had about 180 yards on about 10 carries and scored 4 TD's..he had another that was 52 yards that was called back.

Richlands @ Grundy next week...come see the show.

Grundy looked good tonight. They relied on a rushing attack . The Dynamic Duo of Garron Marcum and AW Looney looked good. Garron had a few great runs jukeing and spinning all over the place. The defense gave up the one big play that resulted in the SV score other than that it was a massacre. Last week the recievers went crazy and theo put the passes on the mark, This week the running game explodes. I would hate to be the blues trying to defense this team! And from what I've seen Offensively Ringstaff is all Richlands has on offense and he will not enjoy playing against this defense!

Unlike last year, This year it is a TEAM effort. Glad to hear your victory against another KY team. Heard they was movng Grundy, But I thought it was across the river, not the State line, hehehehe. Richlands enjoys the defense and needs to play a talented school such as Grundy. Yall still have Mr Rowe coaching dont you? 7 days away, and this game will decide the SWD Title. Everyone should come early.

no trash talk...it will be a barn burner...glad Richlands got past Tazewell...congrats...I heard some of it on the radio, sounded like they did put up a little bit of a fight...young Bulldog team has nothing to be ashamed of I don't think...Richlands has a good team, should be a good game next week...everyone is looking forward to it....on both sides...Richlands has won 6 straight over Grundy...and Lost six straight to Graham...Grundy looks good, Richlands looks good...couldn't ask for a better match up.

[ QUOTE ]

And from what I've seen Offensively Ringstaff is all Richlands has on offense and he will not enjoy playing against this defense!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ringstaff is far from "All Richlands has on offense." They have a solid offensive line, experienced recievers, one of the best tight ends in the area, a very good fullback, and a QB who can run and throw. It's going to be a good game next week.

If you Richlands comes to Grundy thinking they are the only ones with a defense they are going to be in for quite a shock. You are probably thinking no big deal because we stomped two ky teams but I saw your defense at Gate City and I have saw Grundy's defense. Your gonna find we have some great players. I dont care if I have to walk Ill be there. Oh and every Grundy player heard what was said about us by Richlands on the radio last night. You can bet those quotes will be posted in the locker room. Motivation, as if grundy needed any.

Respect. Grundy is gonna go out and be looking for it next Friday night.

You mean the quotes about Grundy beating up on weak KY teams then playing poorly against Richlands? I heard the tail end of that on the way home. That's hardly buletin board material though as I don't think the radio guys were talking smack or anything. They were just giving their opinion on why they think Grundy has so much trouble with Richalnds despite often having a higher rated team. They were suggesting that maybe if Grundy played stiffer competition early in the year they might be better prepared when they meet Richlands.

My opinion on this game is that Richlands needs to have some fire in their belly the whole game. Not just the fourth quarter like last night. They need to score at least 4 TD's, and they need to maintain the defensive performance they've been giving. If they do that, I think they win. If not Grundy will win.

Keep the faith, This weekend should tell the tale. Nothing against the Graham GMen, But this Battle in Grundy will decide the SWD. And to the JMarcum, I didnt say that Grundy didnt have a Defense, I was Stating Richchlands will benefit playing a balanced Offense as Grundy has shown to have this year.