Go Gate City PV NOT The POWERHOUSE

rcgurutn

Yeah read the Times News Article, The RAIDERS literally did kick their hind ends and the Ref won the game, STAR QB got sacked in this game more than he ever did his whole career. Raiders played a great game and I guess they have different rules down there in Big Stone Gap VA, WE got it on tape and its awful. Did you know if you make an interception they can take the ball from you and give it to the other team? Oh yes and its ok to catch the ball when you are totally on the ground, knees, body, and ball? And you are allowed to face mask , and offensive players can literally sit on players and hold them down? Yes I would be ashamed of this game Coach Robbins and I guess thats why you didnt hear the PV Cheering section much. You are NOT The powerhouse that everyone thought and WE AINT LEE HIGH . This game was the most Blatant misuse of referee power I have ever seen in high school history. BOOLA BOOLa Major HOOPLE YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THIS ONE and ate your words.GREAT GAME Raiders YOU WON THIS WITH HEART AND YOU KNOW IT, AND PV YOU GOT RATTLED, I SUGGEST EVERYONE READ THE TIMES NEWS YOU WILL SEE THE TRUTH LOL. mad.gif

your retarted man,...no pv didnt play great..but they still won so thats all that matters ..and what are you talking about the refs won the game..i was at the game and it looked like some pretty good calls to me.the reasom why pv played so bad is that the recievers couldnt catch the balls..and robbins styed in the pocket too long a few a times..but he is still a GREATE QB.pv's line looked pretty good overall..but the right guard didnt sty with his block's long enough..but the the center,right and left tackles,and left quard looked really good last nite..but North did play really good..but pv will bring their a game this week and they will play better..i see them beating breathitt 35-14

Whoa! Why did you mention Lee High in this post. Maybe you are just like lee high, thats why you said it, I see now. Lee High is in a different situation than most teams right now. Different coaches every year, people complaining about travel(stupid imo), not many going out for team anymore, and other things. However, they played a good first half against Va High in which they were down 14-7 and actually had a chance to tie the ballgame up at halftime. VA High was probably suprised to seem Lee passing the ball that much and doing a good job of it, I might add. Thats a lot better than the game against PV, though. So please leave Lee out of this. Its PV and North, not Lee, North, and PV. By the way, I think Powell Valley does have a better team than GC right now. RIGHT NOW I say, that doesnt mean however, that things will change by the time they play each other. Robbins is a really good qb and pv has a pretty solid team. From what I hear both SN and PV played poorly, but like the other poster said they won,thats all that matters. On the ref thing, the same thing happens to a VA team when they go to Tennessee or even Kentucky to play, but yet you dont hear the Tennesse team or Kentucky team complain about it then. Do you hear them? I sure dont, does anyone else hear the other team complain?

The only reason I mentioned LEE was the score no other pun intended, small program and changing coaches like ours, but everyone including major hoople has been downing North from the get go since last year. WE are tired of it and yes the refs made awful, awful calls, its all taped and it was wrong what they were doing. We arent complaining, just letting everyone know how nasty things can get when the refs are doing what they did last nite. Yes Robbins is a great QB not saying that, #7 is a great player, but powerhouse is not the PV team and I guarantee you Breathitt will light them up. Wait and see and remember my words. If the Refs had not taken two legal interceptions away from our team and HANDED the ball back to Pv with no explanations, things would have been different, and then there was the reception that was not complete because player was laying on the ground when he caught it and the ball was clearly on the ground. And 3 supervisible facemasks, and oh dont forget the offensive lineman who sat on pucketts head and held him down, not holding? Shall I go on, they pulled this junk when our jv came out here last year and whipped them 42-14. Tryed to cheat with the refs in every way possible, if tennesse teams were smart they would stay in tennessee and let the virginia teams stay in virginia, Pv wont do as well as every one thinks this year.

That's exactly it. A north player mad because they lost. North kicked our hine ends so bad that their coaches had to yell at the refs and a couple of their players had to get into it. North did not kick PV's butts. Do you call getting beat 33 to 7 kicking the other teams butts? I think it was PV who kicked your all's butts. Moron.

Your beloved Tennessee teams are really kicking our Virginia butts this year. Although 2 of ur beloved teams lost last night 33 to 7 and 12 to 0. LOL Everybody even the bets of teams have their nights. You bloody moron.

No I am a Parent, I can see where virginia academics leave you bunch, not knowing how to spell anything correctly. I was at that game and it was taped, and you only got those scores due to the refs turning the ball over, Powell Valley does not have the team they think they do this year, and our Jv will come next week and do it again. See ya there DUDES and by the way I am a MOM. Read the article in the times news, Robbins, Meaning both of them were rattled and admitted the underestimation, sure you scored, due to a lot of help from the refs, Not crying just tired of the cheating that happens everytime we come over there. At least Gate City and other teams dont have to cheat at their home games to win. Every time we got near the goal line to score your refs trumped a call. And its not nice to call names kiddos especially when you dont understand how to spell Retarded, or the word probably???? Whose the moron I ask, go back to school. smirk.gif

Cheating? No wonder the refs called an unsportsmanlike conduct on ya'll. You all are sore losers. You sound like a little kid whing because they lost a game of checkers "You cheated!!! boo hoo" Here's ya a box of tissues.

I do admit that North did a good job against us but good cosh be a good loser instead of a sore one.

PV just had a bad night. They admit that they got cocky and thta they could've done better.

okay football mom..just tell me what was the # of the lineman that sat on the other guys head..b/c i dont thinkl it happend..stop crying b/c yall got beat..and the jv teams arent even playing monday b/c you'all cancled the game..yeah pv didnt kill yall like they should have..they had a bad game and still beat yall pretty bad..and there was no bad calls in the game..have you ever thought that your team maybe could have been making those mistakes..yall are the worst freakin fans i have ever saw..they are just kids out there playing so stop actcing like a 5 year old and saying that pv cheated..b/c you know thy didnt and you are just mad b/c yall got beat by a single A school

Go and watch a game tape, my husband is from big stone gap and went to powell valley and my son who is on norths team is a big fan of Thomas Jones, but my husband was ashamed of the way things were done that night. Not crying at all our guys played really good, i am not condoning what the referees did I guess you werent paying attention to the calls or noncalls. But over and out Breathitt coming up for you guys. By the way the jv game is being rescheduled, I dont like cheating referees.

Does anyone remember the game last year at North? I sure do, and PV would have beaten North alot worse if it hadn't been for the Tennessee refs. Everytime Robbins picked on the secondary or PV made an outstanding play the TN refs tried their best to bring it back. Oh yeah, I also recall Coach Robbins having to go out on the field to remind the referee of how the rules of the game works. On a defensive interference call against North the referee only moved the ball downfield 15yds. It was to be 15yds downfield from the spot of the foul. The referee also tried to help North by letting them try their best to get the next play ran before anything was said. BUT I'M SURE THIS NORTH FAN, OR NORTH PLAYER THAT IS TICKED OFF, FORGOT ABOUT HOW THE TN REFS TRIED TO HELP NORTH IN EVERY WAY THEY COULD in Kingsport last year. But guess what? It didn't work CRYBABY!!!!!!

Guest Chubz

Better watch what you say, last year you guys played PV in good ol' TN and still got whooped 48-14, and Powell Valley wasnt even as good last year, haha.

Anyways, boo hoo this, boo hoo that, I believe I've heard enough.

Powell Valley wins. Sullivan North loses. Nothing is gonna change that either. smirk.gif

OHHHH excuse me but at least Tennessee has a rule that refs cant ref a game at their alma mater for a time period after graduation. I know 4 were alma mater from POWELL VALLEY, found that out today, now whose deck was stacked, you bunch of idiots need to learn how to spell and how to play a game without cheating. Not crying just outraged at your cheating. Yall will be playing here by the way if jv plays found that out today. grin.gif I have all my teeth.

[ QUOTE ]

OHHHH excuse me but at least Tennessee has a rule that refs cant ref a game at their alma mater for a time period after graduation. I know 4 were alma mater from POWELL VALLEY, found that out today, now whose deck was stacked, you bunch of idiots need to learn how to spell and how to play a game without cheating. Not crying just outraged at your cheating. Yall will be playing here by the way if jv plays found that out today. grin.gif I have all my teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuses excuses. I thought you denied that you said PV was cheating? You need to quit crying. If the refs were PV graduates then I doubt they would have called ssome of them penalties against PV. You are a sore loser. Here's ya a box of tissues to wipe away your tears.

I'm not even a Powell Valley fan & don't have a horse in this race, but I can assure you that there were not 4 referees that graduated from PV on the field this past Friday night. In fact, there aren't even 4 referees that call any LPD games or in SWVA within the VHSL association for that matter that reside or graduated from BSG/PV. The VHSL also has rules/regulations that do not permit referees that have ties (graduates, kids on the team, etc.) from calling games that involve said school(s). It might make for interesting water cooler gossip at work, but this isn't factual information that was passed on to you.

Almost every loss by any school, the fingers are pointed at the officiating. You see it on VAPreps, CoachT, KYPreps, the LPD Forum, this board, etc. This is just human nature, mostly that involves sports fans throughout not just our country but throughout the world for that matter.

I caught the last half of the PV/North game & though there were some calls that could go either way, I did not feel they were biased in any shape or form. North handled themselves well on the field, but both teams play was very sloppy at times IMHO. I am sure opponents of Sullivan North have complained of officiating following a loss to the Golden Raiders. Good luck to our neighbors in Bloomingdale & Lynn Garden the rest of the season, I hope they have a successful 2004 campaign on the gridiron.

Yeah, and they would've beaten you guys even worse! That's the funny thing. Has anyone out there ever heard of a 3-7 team going to the playoffs in VA????? I guess the North fans are so good at whining and crying that the TSSAA put them in the playoffs with a 3-7 record last year.

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!

And they have the nerve of saying "this and that" about the VA system and VA refs. CALL IT QUITS DUDE, you're not going to win this one.

Yep, Laurel Park made the playoffs in '01 with a 3-7 record and was quickly ousted in the first round by Graham.

Last year, Saint Paul made the playoffs with a 4-6 record.

The first year the VHSL went to the "Divisional" format, a team that went 0-10 made the playoffs.