Graham 21 -Virginia High 42

Abingdon 7 - Richlands 42

Marion 21 - Carroll Co. 42

Grundy 34 - Paintsville 28

Bluefield 25 - Herbert Hoover 16

Honaker 35 - Castlewood 14

Gate City 42 - Applachia 6

My thoughts:

*Richlands looked great last week, I doubt they will look any worse against Abingdon.

*Carroll County should continue to put a lot of points on the board just as Graham was able to do last week

*Graham has a great defense this year, should be interesting to see how it holds up to VA High's big line

*Grundy - Played horrible last week against Richlands, and this is not a "cupcake" team from KY - they are leading the STATE in rushing shocked.gif, have two great RB's they are avg almost 58 points per game shocked.gif, and avg almost 450 yards per game on the ground shocked.gif...the Wave has it's hands full this week. I give it to them only because of home field and I expect a better showing than last week.

*Bluefield - on a roll to state...nuff said.

*Honaker and Gate City - both should have no problems putting these teams away.

Whoa,"IMADAWG" Havent you been listening, All VHSL is running and shuffling their schedules to avoid some rain and your predicting the Falcons over Richlands, Just remember this. The Storm is coming, The BIG BLUE TORNADO into Abingdon on thursday night, and Falcons cant fly in This Storm.

Good point cola...lol and once again for the WV fans out there...

Greenbriar East 26

James Monroe 34

Blu 51

Herbert Hoover 8

Tug Valley 14

Chapmanville 18

Iager 12

Sherman 8

Shady Springs 37

Independence 24

Ravenswood 21

Logan 16

Oak Hill 42

Poca 26

Pikeview 8

Big Creek 6

Scott 40

Westside 34

Summers Co. 0

Wyoming East 12

Im with ya Abingdon. I hope you win. After the incident with the fan at Richlands and watching the tape after what garon told me you can see some really unclassy things going on. You can see after plays people grabbing his ankles and trying to hurt him and other players. That and big time trash talking. I dont go for that so the rest of this year I am for anyone who steps on the field against Richlands. If they beat us thats one thing but as for unclassy behavior, thats another.

You are gonna be taken lightly so I hope you all bring your A game and suprise everyone. Go Falcons.

Honaker 40

Castlewood 6

Gate City 27

Applachia 12

Grundy 48

Paintsville(KY) 12

Richlands 34

Abingdon 14

Must truly be a sad situation to hope another team (out of district nonetheless) defeats a rival distict foe when you couldn't do it yourself...sour grapes abound!

[ QUOTE ]

After the incident with the fan at Richlands and watching the tape after what garon told me you can see some really unclassy things going on. You can see after plays people grabbing his ankles and trying to hurt him and other players.

the richlands fan has nothing to do with the players, so don't put them in the same boat as him, and dont let the actions of a few tarnish the play and sportsmanship of the rest of the team.

If you go back and count all the "trash talk " posts from last week I guarantee 9 out of 10 were from Grundy fans.

The incident with the fan was unfortunate but it was the action of ONE FAN. The team, the players, or the general Richlands fanbase had nothing to with it. They didn't start it! They couldn't stop it! They were just there same as Grundy.

Hats off to you for seeing players grabbing ankles in a TACKLE FOOTBALL GAME. Were they supposed POLITELY ASK the ball carrier to fall down? Now if this is something that was going on after the whistle why didn't the oficials see it?

James Monroe 42 Greenbrier East 14

Bluefield 34 Herbert Hoover 8

Giles 27 Narrows 14

Riverside 38 Princeton 14

Wyoming East 22 Summers Co. 18

Oak Hill 26 Poca 21

Sherman 17 Iager 14

WVU 24 Maryland 21!!!!!!!

I don't think you can hold the actions of one fan after the game as a grudge against the entire fan base. That's all I am saying about that.

As for the other stuff, there was some extra stuff going on, but that happens in almost every game...the refs were pretty slack on calling things most of the game...I saw a lot of holding and clipping going on. They say you can call something on every play if you want to, I'd rather watch the games instead of the ref's myself.

Trying to break someones ankle or hurt a knee after or during a play is low class...and if the refs catch someone doing that they should throw them out of the game...but if the ref's don't call it or see it then it's hard to say anything about it later regardless. Not right, but oh well.

i agree! because of what happened to our lineman that just isnt right. well see you two weekends from now. grundy gets a week off so i am goin to see that graham vs. richlands game. i am going for graham on that one.

yeah he's #73...and thats what I was saying, looked clean to me...just happened.

I think the other stuff that was said concerned the RB's after they were tackled people trying to twist ankles at the bottom of the pile and stuff like that...not Charlie's ankle injury...if that's what you were getting at?

I havn't had a chance to watch the whole tape yet myself, I hope to do so in the next couple of days.