What's that sound coming out of Mitchell Stadium??

Lance

gotta admit it's pretty quiet in here tonight.

I'd also have to give the battle of the bands to Richlands, they were singing...never seen a high school band sing before...lol.

So...clean sweep for the Blues tonight.

grin.gif

Not the blowout many expected. Really thought Richlands would come out and be well ahead by halftime. 6-3 after 3 quarters, but Richlands proved to be the better team, but not nearly as good as Bluefield despite what some people think.

Too bad your team hasn't,can't, and won't get the job against us. Hats off to Richlands, they beat us good. But 42-9? Come on Lance you are looking thru rose colored glasses. No matter though, at least Richlands wins with class. I have no problem with them being district champions. At least it wasn't Grundy. Funny thing is you guys lost by 9 more points than we did and you are still going to beat us with the game on our field? Don't think so my friend. Enjoy 3rd place, and another game at Mitchell Stadium.

oh yes,the band is singing. how great is that...RHS band is the only one that I know of who sings at the games...and ya gotta' admit, the crowds love it! 'Another Bites the Dust' 'Good-bye'...haha,Swartz is great at providing the music for the other teams defeat!!!

Congrats Blues!!

[ QUOTE ]

Too bad your team hasn't,can't, and won't get the job against us. Hats off to Richlands, they beat us good. But 42-9? Come on Lance you are looking thru rose colored glasses. No matter though, at least Richlands wins with class. I have no problem with them being district champions. At least it wasn't Grundy. Funny thing is you guys lost by 9 more points than we did and you are still going to beat us with the game on our field? Don't think so my friend. Enjoy 3rd place, and another game at Mitchell Stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

in two weeks you find out...and yes 42-9...two moreTD's ..one on the INT just before half and one on the turnover at the end of the game...if Richlands kept running the ball instead of throwing it, they would have scored at least two more and don't forget the 3 missed PAT's.

We did manage to put 2 TD's up against them, something you guys couldn't.

They didn't look nearly as good last night as they have the past 3 weeks or so and you still couldn't beat them...give it up...they gave you a chance to get up on them and all you could get was a FG.

Get ready for the Wave...they are the next to expose you.

[ QUOTE ]

gotta admit it's pretty quiet in here tonight.

I'd also have to give the battle of the bands to Richlands, they were singing...never seen a high school band sing before...lol.

So...clean sweep for the Blues tonight.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they sing all the time. As for the "battle of the bands" they competed in a competition at Tazewell before the game and Richlands took 1st place in 7 of 8 categories.

Expose what? The fact that we aren't very good? Hell I know that, we are average at best. But Grundy isn't either. You are getting your hopes up in beating a very mediocre team. I am not arguing that Graham isn't that good this year. If you can read then you would know I have said that all year. Just quit hyping yourselves like you are the team to beat in the state or something. Had you beat Richlands, or even played with them I would maybe agree with you. But you lost worse than we did. And by the way, we only gave up 25 points not 39 like you guys did. Better work on that defense or Kevin "Radar" Matthews will lock on our recievers and you still won't stop it. Please, the only thing we have going is a decent defense. We can't run, are not physical, and have a senior quarterback who still makes freshman mistakes. And you still may not beat us. Nothing to brag about. Nothing at all......But if it makes you feel better go ahead.

yeah you got lucky or else it would have been 42-9 and at least we put up two scores on them...and one of them wasn't a FG...lol.

I'm not saying anything or hyping anythig...we played the worst game in two years against Richlands and they put us away.

All I'm saying is, we'll be heading your way soon and you'll see first hand what we have...you have been bashing us all year and haven't even seen us play. If you want to call that hype then so be it...you'll get to see it all soon enough.

Bashing us? Bashing us??

You've got to be kidding me... i liked you lance.. and i still do.. you've got grundy navy blue and gold through and through... but to make a prediction of 42 -9 or whatever it was is ridiculous.

Also, i think the reason that teams 'play awful', is because of their opponent playing well... if that makes sense.

I still don't see why you're so fiery with Graham right now either. Graham and Grundy is always a battle,and the same will go this year. Anyone with blowout predictions is more than likely wrong.

Kay, I've got to admit, I'm not sure I quite understand the comparison between our band & crickets...But anyway, can I just say how completely annoying and utterly rude it is for the band to play EVERY SINGLE SECOND of the game? Yes, I know that it's tactic to play while the opposing team has the ball, but come on! Every time the blues band would start to play, up started the "Big 'G'"...where's the good "sportsmanship" and the respect for others' music? We didn't come there to compete and see who could be the loudest or best ( but I think that question was decided at the Tazewell competition early Saturday... ) And also, it's very unsportsmanlike for a Graham band member to complain about losing the band comp. because "Richlands was completely out of step, and all they did was sing and dance." (you know who you are!) Oh please! Our show was completely original and wonderfully performed...I'll admit, the Graham show was good, but there's no reason to be a sore loser. Why don't you Graham band members call the blues next time you win 5 Honor Band Awards in a row... smirk.gif

OK... not to offend anybody.. but please, talk about the band onthe band topic. Whatever Graham did ... Richlands did... whatever.. can we not keep it football.. i mean if the regular posters think im wrong then say something.. but i'd much rather read about SWD football than SWD band.