With all this discussion about Mitchell Stadium...

Bluefield_Rules

I have an idea that I believe Bluefield and Graham fans alike will agree with. I would like to see something inside of Mitchell Stadium acknowledging the state championships won by both teams. They could put up a small billboard, like the radio stations have, down on the end of the field with the scoreboard. They could have half the board devoted to Bluefield and the other half devoted to Graham. It could have the years each state title was won and the classification, division, group, etc. State championships are nothing to sneeze at and as such something within Mitchell Stadium should display the success of both schools in winning state titles.

Perhaps we could use this as a means of getting the ball rolling on a proposition to add such a billboard or something of the sort to the stadium to display the state championships. Perhaps the idea on the legend plaques as well?

was such a sign in the 60's a big football you could see from the parking lot "home of the bluefield beavers aaa state champs" with the years i think 59 62 65 & 67 not sure if the years are right but you get the idea. it was stolen by a bunch of highschool kids (a prank) this i know for a fact. all of this was before the g-men used mitchell for their home stadium. i think they used to play their home games where they practace at now used to be wooden bleachers on both sides till the early 80's every bit as big as most highschool stadiums. any else remember any of this?