Grundy v.s. Graham who will win this year?

WaveFan09

WELL HUMPTY DUMPTY..... How much did richlands beat grundy by..... I think it was close to what they did to graham... but if not... just look at the richlands grundy game and the graham richlands game.... Personally i think graham could of done better against richlands.... they just kinda fell appart...if they had played the second half like they did the first it woulda been all graham... but they gave up... but i wouldnt just totally give it to grundy... I think it will be a close game... almost to close for anyone to really predict... cause it could go either way. But since the gurndy fans in here vote for grundy to win i will vote for graham to win... cause they will do believe...

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Ok that was totally un called for...I was seriously asking a question how much did richlands beat grundy... I said I thought it was close to what richlands beat graham. But you had to totally go crazy and think I was dissin them... lol Actually if you go back and reread it, you will see I was actually giving grundy credit. If i wanted to diss them i would of said that Grundy was going to get murdered by graham i just said it was going to be close. I could so make some trouble and get mad at your totally reading my message wrong but im going to be the better man here and let it go. lol

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Get'em Mountaineers!

[ QUOTE ]

I think that grundy will most definately win...since richlands beat them my god they can't be that hard.....i just hope that they have heart this game....

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't be that hard?, richlands beat you like a drum.

well im a player at RHS and i believe graham has a little better football team then grundy...we had a struggle in the first half w/ graham but we came out and smashed grundy in the mouth so goin on my own opinion i believe graham will come out on top with the victory

I knew it was just a matter of time before we had this thread. I just didn't think it'd be this soon, seemed like it was up not too long after the games were over last night, lol.

This will be my only post before the game. I'll definitely be in attendance. Of course I may be somewhat (well, A LOT) biased in who I want to win. You can tell that just by my avatar, lol.

Neither team is to be underestimated. May the best team win and see ya Friday night!

I still wish is was a Saturday game, we all could come watch.Grundy will have to stop the pass, Graham has to stop the Marcums. I hate Ill miss this one.

Good luck to both teams.

IF Grundy plays like it did last week, Graham will win...if they play like they did against Paintsville, Grundy will win...I think Grundy has the ability to control the game, question is will they come out ready to play or flat?

After the Marion game I honestly don't know what to think anymore...Marion moved the ball on Grundy could have easily put up 24 points or more.

If Grundy sticks with the run and gets Garon outside the tackles with some blocking, I think they can win it, if they try to force the passing game and/or do that ball control crap they are famous for trying, they will probably lose. Graham is going to be in Theo's face all night and that roll out pass is not going to work...#25 from Graham is one of the best DB's I have seen this year, and it seems like every game he is picking people off with ease. Grundy needs to get Garon outside and stop running him up the middle...run Aaron Looney up the middle, and Aaron Marcum...get Garon out where he can make stuff happen....and the WR's had better start blocking down field instead of watching the game.

On the defensive side, Grundy has to be aggressive and get after Graham with the blitz...if they give Matthews time, he will pick our secondary apart...probably the weakest link on a good defense. If Grundy sticks with zone coverage, or goes into prevent mode, they will probably give up too many points.

I think Grundy should go into this game with the same kinda game plan they used at Feildale Collinsville in the playoffs last year...come out wide open and don't let up...and if things go bad early, don't be afraid to stick with the run. Get Garon 20+ carries in this game and I think you get results.

My keys for Grundy :

(1) Get Garon 20+ carries...stick with the run.

(2) Don't pass towards #25 - have Theo know where he is and who he is covering on every pass play.

(3) Don't try to go into ball control mode, go in with an aggressive game plan, have faith in your defense and don't let up...ball control = 3 and out = defense on the field all night = worn out in the 4th quarter = Grundy loss.

(4) WR's must block downfield on every play...and linemen - especially pulling linemen - must find someone to hit on every play...I can't even count the number of times I have seen a pulling guard run through the hole in front of the back and not hit even one person.

(5) be mentally prepared...no stupid penatlies or turnovers...or missed assignments. Mental mistakes will be the difference in this game.

(6) Special teams - Grundy must improve on it's kickoff team...they are giving up way to much. Colby is doing an awesome job kicking off, and on coverage after the kick...kick it deep and swarm to the ball.

(7) defense must be aggressive...forget the zone coverage and prevent...the corners are to weak...go with the blitz and turn #9, #31, #24, #19, and #2 loose.

Just my opinion...which doesn't count for anything...but that's the way I see it.

Hard game to pick. I think they're both real close. Going by performances against their two common opponents Graham should win by about 5 points but I don't think that kind of thing will matter much.

I'm going to say Grundy 21 Graham 14.

you hit it just right Lance, You have to keep heat on Mathews, once we did we shut them down. even when they go to the air keep the heat on. Carlock passed more against Richlands then I have ever seen -21 years, They can run the ball well and I think Grundy can stop that by turning the heat on. They will utilize their whole backfield to get yardage. This will be Grundy's toughest challenge since Richlands, and its a must win for both teams. I feel The line strength goes to Graham as well as special teams. I feel Grundy's speed will keep them in it. Good luck this friday.