Top 5 Best Shooters Ever In The SWD

Blue5Ramblin

• 2 weeks later...

ghstoga...

If you are who I think you are (KG), we used to hang out quite a bit! HF and I were good friends...I used to come up to your house and hang out "poolside". We also played baseball...knocking tennis balls and whiffle balls over the neighbors house. If I'm not mistaken, I believe we were also on the same LL teams in both baseball and basketball.

Goose didn't even score 1000 for his career. Top 5 are Ronnie Edwards, Ahmad Bradshaw, J. Gray, Paco Jones, and Travis Law. These are the only 1000 point scorers. Latimer, Belcher, and Moore were close but they didn't make it.

I see alot of you guys talk about how someone scored 1,000 points in a carrer, but these guys almost all of them played after the 3 point shot was put in. if you gys realy want to talk about best shooters then look back at some of the guys from your schools that played before the 3 point shot was put in and that still scored 1,000 points these guys earned there points the ole fashion way (AND ONE)That was there 3 point shot grin.gifLOL just my thought, Thanks!

I agree with you on that to some extent. Back before the 3 point line they definately EARNED their points. I know Ronnie Edwards who played at Graham in the mid 70's personally and I've talked to him and my dad about this very subject. He scored over 1700 points in 4 years which is almost unheard of in this area even with the 3 point line. But, to say that players now don't really earn 1000 is hard to say. They work hard to get to that "milestone" and should be rewarded for this. I do have a greater respect for my elders that made it there without getting the "extra point."