Top 5 Best Shooters Ever In The SWD

Blue5Ramblin

Bradshaw and Tee as best shooters ever???? Bradshaw never got his points of any shot other than a lay up...Fast break, fast break, fast break....Brad Hiatt is a better shooter than Tee. Tee was a great player, but best shooter is a completly different topic. I would think you would put Timmy above those 2.

[ QUOTE ]

Bradshaw and Tee as best shooters ever???? Bradshaw never got his points of any shot other than a lay up...Fast break, fast break, fast break....Brad Hiatt is a better shooter than Tee. Tee was a great player, but best shooter is a completly different topic. I would think you would put Timmy above those 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly...I played against Tee from 9th grade on....and the kid was tough...but never was what we would call a pure shooter....Hiatt was a very good shooter....Stoneman had a better stroke than Jackson.....

no offense ...but this is a very weak list of top 5 shooters of all time lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the list that you have and I know that these are just opinions and some of you are young by the way the list looks. Randy "Moon" Moore from Graham was probably the best shooter to play in the SWD. If not the best he's in the top 3. He would pull up from anywhere and let it fly. Just ask anybody from tazewell, richlands, grundy, ect.. He played from 89-91

• 2 weeks later...

oldskool and Legend...

I forgot about both of those! Moon could shoot the lights out. And I remember Musick lighting up the nets on many nights...saw him play for Milligan against Bluefield College on several occassions...pure shooter!

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few good ones from the '80s...

Henry Fortune - Graham (already mentioned by the G Man)

Robert Steele - Tazewell

Randall Dills - Richlands

Petey Ball - Richlands

Keith Latimer - Graham

Honorable mention....

Rick Hardman - Richlands (incredible touch for a big guy)

Clarence Handley - Marion (assuming we're being inclusive)

Trudell Hiller - Abingdon

The three RHS guys on my list all scored over 1,000 in their career.

same here...ive heard dad say some stuff about a few of em...and it was all good stuff so im guessin theyre pretty good......they all got me beat so im not downin any of em

[ QUOTE ]

Excellent choices that I missed...especially Dills and Hardman! We must have gone to school around the same time period...

[/ QUOTE ]

I graduated from Richlands in '89. I was the equipment manager for the hoops team from 1981 to 1987, and my dad (who worked with Eddie Fortune, BTW) was the game announcer for about a dozen years within the same time period. So I'm pretty well-versed in that particular era.

I wonder what Henry is up to these days....

Guest old_school

Robert Steele-Tazewell

Nick Puckett- Tazewell

Pete Ball- Richlands

??? Kennedy- Pocahontas ( he could light up the nets)

Carey Perkins- Grundy

Jeff Hurst shouldn't been allowed to carry the water bucket out of the locker room.......just kidding, he had a nice touch, he should have been more physical though, he got pushed around a lot !!!! ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

What about Jeff Hurst(RHS 89)? He could flat light it up from beyond the arc. I think he used to an equipment manager for those RHS Blues in the 80s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes. A huge and unforgiveable omission from this thread. As a player, Wurst was absolutely essential to the success of the Blues in the late '80s.

That said, he was #2 on the depth chart as equipment manager at best. Just couldn't get the floor swept between JV and Varsity games quite as well as that other kid.