Grundy's D

catmandoo

Grundy had a big win Friday night but still needs improvement just like every team, but there Defense is probably the best I have seen in the area in some time. It all starts with the player that should have been mentioned in the D1A discussion on here before anyone (maybe besides his brother) Aaron Marcum. Owens is a monstor at the end, Lee plays good at D tackel, and of course linebackers such as Looney, Baker, Penley, and Brown. And don't forget Garon and J. Brown will pop from the secondary. Unleash that defense on everyone Wave and just keep tweaking with the offense and more good things are to come.

Go Cats..................Catmandoo

Not trying to brag or nething but i think Richlands D is the best they have had at that school since ive been alive! And some people are sayin best D in area...im not trying to say Grundys defense isnt good but they really didnt do too great against us cool.gif

I think the 39-14 score tells who has the best defense...at least on that night. Although two of those TD's didn't come against their defense.

Richlands does get burned for a big gain from time to time, and that probably cost them the GC game, but I guess that's the nature of an aggressive defense.

I think Grundy's defense is pretty good right now...if they can continue to play at the level they played Friday night, things will work out for them this year. Richlands has a good defense also, I'd say they are pretty close to the same talent wise.

What's up with George Wythe giving up only 6 points through the first 5 games??? That's insane!

I want Grundy to schedule Richlands no later than week 5 if both teams will agree to this. This is part of Grundy's big losing streak to Richlands. It takes grundy 5 games to get it together. Like I would love to see Grundy Richlands now. I guarantee Grundy wouldn't lose by 3 touchdowns. Grundy isnt as bad as they looked that night.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me, wasn't grundy's last win against Richlands a week five or later game? Im gonna go see and see what I can come up with.

Well from 2001 to 2004 Grundy played Richlands no later than week 4. Losing each one. As you can see in 2001 it takes grundy 5 weeks to get going as it did in 2001 when they played into overtime with a Graham team that eventually went on to the state championship game.

I'm not trying to start nething but if RIchlands scheduled Grundy later than week 5 and especially week 5 i think we would be even better than what u saw of us this year! We've gotten alot better on blocks and Cain is hittin the hole harder than ive ever seen him hit it so far. It wouldnt be too bad of an idea i dont think, just to see how both teams would be then!

Alright, I have read enough, The results would be similiar if they played today, Marcum,(I think only the best of this athlete) loves to bounce it outside and Richlands is only giving up 1 or two big plays a game. Richlands doesnt stay in the 50 defense the whole game anymore and the results are Paydirt.Our ends and outside L-Backers are shuttin theoutside down which makes teams go up the gut or air it out, and those areas are well covered also. jmo