Carroll County @ Grundy 10/22

Lance

I personally have been waiting for this game for a year now... after last years game at Carroll County in which the refs completely gift wrapped the game for CC and handed it to them on a silver platter.

It's going to be a long week leading up to Friday...for you Wave players that read here, I would consider it a personal favor if you guys would wipe the field with these guys next week when they come to visit your house. The overall attitude of the fans at the game last year was complete disrespect for Grundy and it's fans...I hope you guys that played on last years team think back to that game last year while you are getting ready for them this week and remember what happened down there.

In case any of you guys forgot, the final score was 42-2 last year and Coach Rowe was ejected for no reason? Remember? Every time Grundy moved the ball there was a penalty...remember? And in case you guys on the field don't know what was going on over in the stands...there were CC students and even adults walking around in front of the Grundy fans (who drove about 3+ hours to support the team) yelling everything you can imagine and trying to start fights with anyone that would pay them any attention, even towards a few of the players girlfriends that were sitting down front as well as the cheerleaders.

Totally low class attitude.

You guys should be up for this game just like you were the Graham game. This one is personal and is all about respect.

Payback time.

[ QUOTE ]

I personally have been waiting for this game for a year now... after last years game at Carroll County in which the refs completely gift wrapped the game for CC and handed it to them on a silver platter.

It's going to be a long week leading up to Friday...for you Wave players that read here, I would consider it a personal favor if you guys would wipe the field with these guys next week when they come to visit your house. The overall attitude of the fans at the game last year was complete disrespect for Grundy and it's fans...I hope you guys that played on last years team think back to that game last year while you are getting ready for them this week and remember what happened down there.

In case any of you guys forgot, the final score was 42-2 last year and Coach Rowe was ejected for no reason? Remember? Every time Grundy moved the ball there was a penalty...remember? And in case you guys on the field don't know what was going on over in the stands...there were CC students and even adults walking around in front of the Grundy fans (who drove about 3+ hours to support the team) yelling everything you can imagine and trying to start fights with anyone that would pay them any attention, even towards a few of the players girlfriends that were sitting down front as well as the cheerleaders.

Totally low class attitude.

You guys should be up for this game just like you were the Graham game. This one is personal and is all about respect.

Payback time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love SWVA football. Man the absolute worst place I've ever seen fans...and I've been all over with the Big Blue...is in Martinsville. Fans from Martinsville walked over and started yelling expletives into the stands -- at OUR BAND! That's just where the story begins. It was crazy. And I'm the first to admit, Richlands fans aren't the sweetest grapes on the vine.

Hold on...I just remembered one special Garden vs. Richlands basketball game....LMAO.

I have seen my share of questionable calls this year in every game involving each team that is playing. However, most fans accept this as part of the game, and play through it. It is possible for a bad call to cost a team a game, but these games are typically decided by 7 or less points. The officials at the CC/Grundy game last year did not score 42 points. It is difficult to imagine the referees causing a 40 point loss. I remeber a sign that was posted on the fence in front of the Grundy fans that said "Cripple the Cavs" with a picture of a player on crutches. I would consider this low class behavior as well. Our players will help the other team up after plays, and display good sportsmanship. I did not see any of the CC fans taunting the Grundy fans but if they were, I certainly would not support that. Each school probably has individuals that do not reflect the overall attitude of the school. Congratulations to Grundy on their season up to now. We have developed better than expected and are a play or two away from being 7-0. I know it will be our hardest game up to now, but we will show up and try our best.

Well Dad...Grundy's team, esp. last years team...plays on emotion...when the ref's take that out of the game...yeah it makes a huge difference...when you watch a team play every week, you learn what makes them tick...last years team ran off emotion.

Every time Grundy moved the ball, there was a flag...every time Grundy stopped Carroll County, there was a flag...and I'm not just making that up. It happened. Our coach simply questioned a call, and was sent packing. It was the most one sided called game I have ever seen in my life. Let's not forget about the famous "do over" play either?

As for the sign? I didn't see it...if it was there...I don't think that's to far overboard...there was a Golden Shower banner at Graham last year in the playoffs...we didn't cry about it to much. But when you have rows of people screaming stuff at your cheerleaders, fans, and esp. female fans...basically truck driver talk...then yeah that's low class...and at one point a teacher did come over and laugh as she ran the kids off. Finally a cop showed up after a few of the fans complained and it stopped on the front side, but they were still running under/behind the visitors side stands yelling stuff and throwing things.

I don't like you guys one bit...but I still give you credit...Wengerd is a heck of a player and I have never said a bad word about him...never will. It's not your kids fault that the ref's did that...you had a good team, it would have been nice to actually see who would win on a level playing field...but that was not to be.

If you get charity like that, at least have the guts to admit it. I see bad calls every week, I hardly ever mention it unless it has score implications and even then i don't harp on it. If Grundy got a game like that handed to them, I would be the first to admit it...like i said it's not the kids fault...nothing they can do but play the game.

I know that this has nothing to do with Carroll County @ Grundy but it does have somthing to do with fans. At Lebanon's game vs. Holston last night there were some Richlands fans (or maybe players) i didn't know them but I do know that they were from Richlands who were thrown out of the game for things they were doing and saying to the Lebanon team and cheeerleaders. I know that it is just a couple of people but it is fans like that, that give team fans a bad name.

I would be the first to admit that there were some questionalbe calls in that game. (not lacking the guts to admit it) My point was a 40 point win was not usually one that you could either credit/blame the officials for. Anyway, that was last year. I was watching the game and did not see what was happening on your sideline with the fans. I don't like to go to other places and deal with the taunting, etc. and I don't expect our fans to do so either. I'm sorry that some of you had a bad experience in CC last year with the fans, and as I said earlier, I do not support that type of behavor in any way. Most of the folks that act like that probably have never had a uniform on. I hope both teams play well (on a level field as you said)without injury.

Carroll County is hard to beat at home...you have to go back to 2002 season when Graham beat them for the last loss. I know I went to the Richlands game the week after the Grundy game and there were quite a few bad calls in that game also, roughing the holder on a field goal, and a huge interference call on a pass play late in the game where the defender (who was actually beaten) was not even close to the receiver, the QB under threw the ball and there was not even contact on it, yet the ref threw the flag after he saw the receiver would not make the catch. Granted it was nowhere near the level of BS that went on in the Grundy game...and I also didn't see the fan problems *as much* during the Richlands game.

I agree with you in that I just hope for a clean game and an injury free game...and I also hope they wipe the field with you guys...lol..(I hold a grudge, what can I say?)

[ QUOTE ]

I know that this has nothing to do with Carroll County @ Grundy but it does have somthing to do with fans. At Lebanon's game vs. Holston last night there were some Richlands fans (or maybe players) i didn't know them but I do know that they were from Richlands who were thrown out of the game for things they were doing and saying to the Lebanon team and cheeerleaders. I know that it is just a couple of people but it is fans like that, that give team fans a bad name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I remember the way Lebanon fans act...like at one particular basketball game in Pioneer town when they were giving our cheerleaders grief and a fight among parents soon followed. Of course, this was prior to when the Pioneers stopped playing Richlands. The inane AND COWARDLY mandate of their superintendent at the time to Russell Co. schools (DO NOT SCHEDULE RICHLANDS)was unfortunate. I'll go further...fortunately, we had a superintendent at the time with a spine (Mullins) who said "don't schedule Russell Co. schools" when they wanted to reinstate competition....just to make a point.

That goes to prove my point. A few fans give all fans a bad name. I am from Lebanon and I find myself sitting there watching a game with people behind me wishing that they would just shut up. You know the ones. They yell just to be yelling not even knowing what they are talking about or what is going on. Every school has those fans.

[ QUOTE ]

That goes to prove my point. A few fans give all fans a bad name. I am from Lebanon and I find myself sitting there watching a game with people behind me wishing that they would just shut up. You know the ones. They yell just to be yelling not even knowing what they are talking about or what is going on. Every school has those fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

A big 10-4 from me on that.