richlands/virginia high poll

bluenado12

Best Football Food  

1. 1. Best Football Food

Thanks for the ammo. We ain't stupid.

VHS could very easily be 6-1 right now, but that's football. We outgained Tazewell and CC, but credit those teams, they found a way to win good ball games. Tazewell had 1 first down in the 1st half against us. We turned the ball over 5 times and were not outgained much by Graham. We have played toe to toe with the swd so far and all ya'll do is talk trash about us. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a lot of your opinions regarding VHS are not well informed. you all pick tazewell, CC, and graham to give grundy/richlands a good game, but predict us to get blown out? The facts show that all 4 of these teams are very close together.

Didn't ya'll do this last year and go in at the half down 14-10?

I'm not sure where you saw trash talk in this thread, but "toe to toe"?!? Here are some "facts" for you.

VHS 37

SWD 67

VHS 80

Highlands 50

RHS 85

SWD 23

RHS 151

Highlands 34

Tazewell 42

SWD 61

Tazewell 55

Highlands 12

CC 35

SWD 36

CC 88

Highlands 53

Graham 20

SWD 65

Graham 110

Highlands 21

Grundy 47

SWD 45

Grundy 67

Highlands 6

Highlands 163 = 12.5 ppg

SWD 538 = 41.3 ppg

Tazewell, CC, Graham 15

Richlands, Grundy 79

Tazewell, CC, Graham 67

VHS 37

The SWD is 13-0 against the Highlands in 2004.

No disrespect here Bearcat, I made it to your game with Graham, and you guys had the ability to come out with a win in the first half. I would have stayed with the fullback when you broke the twenty. But changing Qb's in pass situations wasnt a big help neither. The game is on your home field and Va. High deserves a win just, you have talent on your team. Richlands has a large group of hungry players, Good talent across the board and depth. Richlands will win this one. The Storm is Coming to Bristol, Friday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, VHS could have a better record if the coach (or coaches) could help a little. Like at Graham with 4th down and 40 to go from the 41 they should have put 3 or 4 DB's around the 10 yard line. They played at regular depth and got burned for a TD. At Tazewell, VHS inside their own 30 with about 2:30 before halftime and a 6-0 lead, 3rd and long, run a pass pattern that probably wont get a first down even if it is completed. Pass is picked-off, Tazewell scores with about 30 seconds to go in the half. At CC, VHS inside their own 30 with about 2:30 befor halftime again, behind by only 1 point. They throw long passes that fall incomplete, running virtually no time off the clock, CC gets the ball at midfield and scores with only 5 seconds left before halftime. A little better game management could have won those last two games.

Yeah. I said "toe to toe". V-High is learning a new system under a new coach, so i guess we have to expect more mental errors than usual. Those are the things that have kept us from being 3-0 against the swd so far. That said...all 3 teams we have lost to beat us fair and square and deserved the wins. "toe to toe" means evenly matched there BigD. Your completely off topic statistics comparing swd to the highlands doesn't show the swd's dominance over v-high cause the fact is we haven't been dominated. We have lost close, hard fought games. Graham was the only non-nailbiter and we had 6 turnovers in that game with several coming inside the 20 after long drives(graham's good plays and our mistakes). Originally, the only point i was trying to make is that vhs is not as horrible as people on this board write. You come back with district comparisons. What Abingdon, Lee, and Marion do has NOTHING to do with our performance against your top to bottom strong district. Yeah, vhs-37 swd-67. That is a very misleading stat, look at yardage. I have tried to find the stats from our game with graham and can't, but i think the yards were probably very close. As for Tazewell and CC, I know we outgained them and lost because of turnovers that have killed us all year.

We know Richlands has an excellent team with size and speed. We know they are deep and rested. Point taken that last year Richlands dominated the 2nd half for the convincing win. My only point is that we have played with you guys in the past(we gave your district champs a pretty good run last year, scored more on 'em than anybody else all year) and we will continue to be competitive.

CC's line is small - Grundy by 21

Marion is getting better - Tazewell by 2(why not 3 weeks in a row)

Gate City has no speed - PV by 14

Ellison over Lee by 20

Graham's backed into a corner - they'll find a way to beat Princeton and keep their playoff hopes alive.

Virginia High over Richlands by 1.

Go Bearcats!

Bearcat, No disrespect intended. I posted those numbers because you said VHS, like Tazewell, Graham and Carroll County should be picked to "give Grundy/Richlands a good game". The point was not only to show that the SWD has dominated the Highlands, but that Richlands has dominated the SWD, the teams you played "toe to toe" with. It's just not reasonable to expect people to predict, even a close game.

VHS is the best team in the Highlands, although Marion is getting better, but the weakest team in the SWD would win the Highlands.

i agree fully and this time i think it will be different for rhs because after losing 4 heartbreakers we are hungry and richlands is over confident and cocky. VHS will be playing at home in front of the wildest student section around and according to the guys out there they feed off of us. I think the guys will feed of us and come out on top to shock rhs. Sorry BIGD but its time for us to crawl outta the cellar.

prediction vhs- 28 rhs- 21

look, you all cant say anything about the VHS coaches, the players there lost the last few games because of a lack of execution. The coaches there have worked their a**es off all season, esp. the head coach, who has done everything in his power to coach the bearcats to a win, so dont say anything about the vhs coaches when you have no CLUE what you are talking about

As a former player and coach, I just might have a CLUE what I'm talking about. I agree with your assessment about the lack of execution, but certain decisions were made that put you into situations that led to the lack of execution hurting you. There is no doubt that you guys are playing your guts out and I for one am proud of you for that. I'm just saying you could use a little more help from the sidelines especially in tight games.

I think you guys are expecting to much out of a first year team...5-5 is not bad for year #1 under a new coach. It will take them a couple of years to make that "their team"...plus with your QB out it hasn't helped anything at all. VHS will be much improved next year vs. this year by comparison.

Everybody thinks that we are getting over confident and getting ahead of ourselves. Every week we go out and practice for one game and that is the game we are playing friday. The coachs keep us focused. If you're not confident that you are going to win then you might as well stay home. We dont expect a blowout every game. Everybody thinks we do.We play every team like they are the best team in the state. When we do that we come out ahead. And you can count on a lot of richlands fans there. We have one of the most supportive fans around here in my opinion.

You know, Richlands fans actually outnumber the home team more often than not. I think we're actually louder at away games too.

BTW, if any cheerleaders are reading this, please make signs that say "NOISE" and hold them up on every key defensive play. You could hear a pin drop on most 3rd down plays when Richlands is on defense.

except for Gate City I might agree with you on that...I think one of the funniest things I have seen all year is late in the GC vs. Richlands game GC was driving and the kids on the sideline were trying to get the crowd in to the game...which is cool...they kept turning around and yelling at the crow "come on" and throwing their arms up...lmfao...then they figured out...GC has so many fans at the game the whole half of the "visitor" side from the 50 on in was all GC fans...lol...it was pretty funny to watch them figure it out, they were puzzled...you could tell they are use to having a good road following behind them.

Grundy has the best road crew though, lol...there are not many of us...but the ones that go you see them every week no matter where they play or what the weather conditions.