Question onTazewell's schedule for next year...

hhstigerfan

Yeah, I might have been a bit too touchy on that and you're probably right about the kids part. Anyhow, I did'nt mean any disrespect towards Richlands, they've got a heckofa program. I hope Richlands and Lebanon both win, that's still 1 extra point for the loser of the Richlands - Lebanon game and every point counts in region C this year. Mance is a good coach but I've been puzzled about something that happened last year in the Lebanon game, maybe you can help me with it. Seems like I remember the game was in hand for Richlands very early, Timmy Brown ran roughshod over Lebanon but anyway, Richlands left one of their best running backs in the game and he broke his leg in the 4th quarter. I've just wondered why they did that, it was pretty much a meaningless game and Richlands had a huge lead. I can't remember if he was a tailback or a fullback but he was a really good player and I believe he was a senior. Of course nobody expects anything like that to happen but I was surprised they took a chance with a starter like that. Good luck with Carroll County, they may be down some this year but don't take'em too light.

I've got a great deal of respect for Lebanon and their fans. If I seemed "cocky", that was not my intention and I apologize. I am glad to see the schools playing each other again. At one time, it was a VERY intense rivalry. By the way, if I had a nickel for every time I heard a "cleatgate" joke, I would have my own reality television show.

No problem old school blue, I was way too touchy about it and I apologize for that. I'd say the cleat jokes are get'in a bit old. Both teams have district championship games this week and need to focus on them. Lebanon is in a must win situation against George Wythe or could be a 9-1 or 8-2 team listening to the playoffs on the radio at home. Good luck with CC.

BigD4VT, yeah it's tough to take a senior out and I guess that was the reason, I just felt really sorry for the fella, he was a heckuva fullback and I hated to see him miss the playoffs. Like I said before, you don't expect something like that to happen, none of us have a crystal ball or we could stop every injury.

"Cleatgate" don't really bother me anymore,could have been worse we could have been stripped of the Championship that year. I think Richlands will have their handsful,from what I've read Lebanon has very good offense and a good defense.We better be ready to rock when they come to our house.

One thing that will hurt Lebanon in both of their upcoming games is that their noseguard Justin Dotson hurt his leg last week. From what I have heard he broke it and will be out the rest of the year. That will be a huge loss.

Some members of the band were telling me that it was a broken leg. But I hope that I am wrong. I think that Jordan will make us stronger against the run but a little weaker against the pass. It was tuff kepping Dotson off of the quarterback for any team. That will also make our bench weaker.

I found out last night that it wasn't broke but was very badly sprained and he was still on crutches. It looks very doubtful that he will play Friday night. I still like our chances though. Like you said we still are very strong across the line.