Question onTazewell's schedule for next year...

hhstigerfan

What holes?? Uh oh! Are the Highlands teams backing out of the scheduling agreement?? wink.gif Honaker is picking up Richlands. We are also picking up VA High and Abingdon, so I guess the above two schools must have dropped SWD foes. Probably Grundy and/or Carroll Co.

[ QUOTE ]

What holes?? Uh oh! Are the Highlands teams backing out of the scheduling agreement?? wink.gif Honaker is picking up Richlands. We are also picking up VA High and Abingdon, so I guess the above two schools must have dropped SWD foes. Probably Grundy and/or Carroll Co.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honaker is picking up Richlands? That sucks! I like playing Honaker but I wanted it to remain a "benifit" game because it's an extra game see. It'll help Honaker's playoff chances though. So I guess it's for the best.

Mance wanted a regular season game to begin with when the "boycott"(lol) was lifted. Hopefully Honaker and Richlands can find new opponents for a benefit game 'cause I liked having 11 gamest to see as well!

Next year Tazewell is dropping both Gate City and Lebanon and I hear that they will be picking up George Wythe and don't know who else. They only had a 2 year agreement with Gate City but i don't know why they are dropping Lebanon.

I hope that Lebanon keeps playing someone from the Southwest District for a couple of reasons.

1 Great games, lots of energy

2 Lots of Rating points

I have really enjoyed going to the Tazewell games the last couple of years. Both have been good games and the fans have been classy.

The Richlands game last year was a blowout so I can't say that it was a good game but it will be different this year.

i have heard that va high dropped carroll county so i also heard that carroll dropped Galax of the reagular season and moved them to the benfit game my source also said that carroll has picked up Bassett and William Bryd for next year i guess they are trying to get a tougher road to get them better prepaired for the playoffs

l agree 100%. Almost every starter this year played big parts in last years team. They should remember the beating they took last year very clearly. I like Lebanon's chances and think they will win. That being said I know it will be a very tough game and Lebanon must show up unlike they did last year with all that was going on.

I'm not making any excuses for Lebanon last year, they just got thrashed, but under the circumstances I doubt any kid on the team was there mentally and just kinda went thru the motions just to get it over with. I'm not gonna say Lebanon will beat Richlands, that's a tall task, but I feel better about the game this year and hopefully Lebanon can have a better showing.........First I hope they can get by George Wythe, another tall task.

First of all, before Lebanon can think of beating Richlands they have an undefeated George Wythe team to contend with. Secondly, when you compare schedules, Richlands plays a much tougher schedule than Lebanon. Richlands is only a play away from being undefeated themselves. I'm afraid that when the 'neers roll up into Ernie Hicks, it will be a repeat of last year. <font color="blue"> </font>

Okay........it'll be another blowout. I hope you keep that cocky additude. You've caught the SWD in a down year and you've got a decent team, not a great team, but decent. I thought last years team was better after seeing you play 3 times this year, but everybody else was better in the SWD too. You lost to Gate City, Gate City lost to Powell Valley........that would make you what?........3rd at best in Single A. If Lebanon gets by George Wythe, I hope you come into the game with that same additude you have right now, it'll really help Lebanon out.

I think Grundy, Richlands, Gate City, and Powell Valley are all playing better this week than they did 4 weeks ago...so it's hard to say who's better than who and if GC and PV played again it could be anyones ball game...same thing with Richlands and Grundy or mix and match those teams as you like.

Lebanon has a chance to prove themselves over the next two weeks...let's see what they can do....should be some good football.

Oh and with all the teams in the SWD likely making the playoffs, I don't think you can call it a "down year" but...whatever.

I don't have any idea what Lebanon will do in the next two weeks, they don't have to prove anything. I've not once said that Lebanon will beat Richlands but it would'nt be a fluke. I certainly hope that Richlands goes into the game thinking it will be a cake walk. The SWD is always tough, but I've seen it a lot tougher than this year. Without winning the district in region C division 2, it'd be impossible to make the playoffs with a 5-5 record but there'll be teams with just fair records make the playoffs in region 4 division 3, there's only 6 teams. Region 4 division 4 is weak, so far this year they're 8-12 against division 1 and division 2 teams. I'm not making any predictions, I'm just saying that some may be a little cockier than they need to be, you can paint it any way you want but sometimes cockiness will come back to bite you in the butt. I've always respected all the SWD teams and a "down year" in the SWD would be an up year in most districts. You're right, there's still a lotta good football left and Lebanon may fall flat on their face but I'd never predict them to blow anybody out, there's too many kids that happen to play on weaker teams that practice just as hard as the talented teams and deserve a certain amount of respect.

Grundy goes out and has to prove itself every week...Lebanon is no different. No one cares what your record is as of last week, it's this week that counts. That's my point.

I wasn't saying anything negative about Lebanon at all. If I had the chance I would go to both of their next two games if possible.

Yeah, I shot from the hip there. I guess it's crunch time for everybody. I really was'nt throwing anything at you, I was having a problem with a couple that thought all they had to do is show up and Lebanon would just shake in their boots. Anyhow Lance, good luck to you and Grundy, I've always enjoyed going to games at Grundy, the fans were polite and the kids were good sportsmen.

I don't think you have to worry about Richlands taking Lebanon for granted. A few kids may talk some smack on here, but they're just kids. Coach Mance will make sure they're ready to play.

That said, Richlands has to play Carroll County, and Lebanon has to play George Wythe this week. Those games are far more important to each respective team than next week's non-district meeting between the two schools.