score of richlands- Va high score tonight

rhsstatking

well i think that richlands will dominate this game...richlands comes in sluggish and then 2nd quarter comes in and blows va highout of the water...SCORE:55-13. the big O is goin to rush for 300 plus..and "D"..NO MERCY.. only points scored will be off the second team

If Richlands plays in other games like they did tonight in the 2nd, 3rd and 1/2 of the 4th quarters they are in trouble. I am a huge rhs fan but it was nasty. No heart or fire on the field tonight except for the first quarter and the 4th after the last 12 min.

Richlands played pretty much the same way against Tazewell, Graham and Marion. Most of their points came late in all three of those games. Tonight was too close for comfort. Luckily VHS wore down at the end.

i wouldn't worry about it so much...they are coming off an open week and it's hard to "get excited" about playing VHS...congrats on the win...go get some against CC next week guys.

My point is that people, including you, get on here and bad mouth and talk sh** about other teams and how not to "get excited" about playing certain teams. Well, I no for a fact that the kids from VHS have bust their butts this year and yes things have not always gone their way in games, but they have not quit giving 110% each and every game. So, if you can't get excited about playing VHS in a couple of weeks, stay home and that way you won't have anything to complain about such as the refs and/or how terrible some other schools team is other than the great Grundy team this year. And by the way, ask any Richlands fan or player about not "getting excited" to play VHS. And I beleive we plyed Richlands a hell of alot closer than Grundy. Find some other team to bad mouth and leave VHS alone.

I don't have anything against that idiot. grin.gif

j/k bearcats...I'm sorry if I have offended you by saying Richlands might have not gotten overly excited about playing you coming off an open week.

Well im glad Richlands won against Va High but i thought Richlands was really going to loose it but i doubted it lol good job Brandon Gayheart for pickin up that fumble i was wantin u to score!!! would have been sweet!! but GOOD JOB RICHLANDS!!! nice hands on the catches Travis Tatum and Rob Stanton nice blocking and running!!!

Excellent football game played in Bristol last night. Congratulations to Richlands players, coaches, and fans. The atmosphere and the game were awesome. Tatum is a playmaker, his two catches for td's in the 1st quarter were unbelievable. I was impressed with how the QB ran the ball too.

The fight for respect is impossible to win on a message board. it was won on the field last nite by the bearcats. The game was a 21-21 tie almost halfway thru the 4th quarter. I thought we had 'em midway thru the third, but credit Richlands for makin' some adjustments on O. Our best lineman on both sides went out midway thru the third and i thought his absence affected our run O and run D.

I thought our d-line did a good job against a bigger richlands offensive line. Not a lot of yardage for richlands between the tackles, a lot on the edges.

Lance, an off week gives you time to heal and prepare. It is usually considered an advantage...unless you're from Grundy and lookin' for an excuse for why we played Richlands better than you guys did. I've got an Idea! Why don't we ask the Richlands people on here who have played us both to compare the two teams! Please help us out here Richlands fans/players/anybody who saw the two games.

Lance, an off week gives you time to heal and prepare. It is usually considered an advantage...unless you're from Grundy and lookin' for an excuse for why we played Richlands better than you guys did. I've got an Idea! Why don't we ask the Richlands people on here who have played us both to compare the two teams! Please help us out here Richlands fans/players/anybody who saw the two games.

Nice post BEARCAT

Idiot, huh. I played 4 years of high school ball against your great Grundy teams and we never lost to them. No, not a VHS. You figure it out since you are so smart. Now, I have a son playing for VHS and it pisses me off when people bad mouth these kids teams, especially people who probably don't have kids playing sports, so therefore they don't have a clue what parents with kids playing sports are feeling. I tend to agree with what CAVDAD said on an earlier post about you. But, I will digress and be the better person here and let you call me an idiot or whatever else you would like to call me. I have been called worse. I will say no more about this so whatever else you have to say.....God Bless You.

Keep talkin'. I love it when a new rivalry begins to take shape. Lance is just pushing your buttons to add some extra drama to our last game of the regular season, and it looks like he's doing a pretty good job, lol.

I will give you guys props though, you kept it closer with Richlands than I thought you would. You'll be able to take out your frustration on Marion next week, as unless if the team comes out horribly flat, you should come out with the W. See you in a couple of weeks.

Honestly Bearcat, If Richlands had played against Grundy like they did gainst VHS they would have lost. The interceptions, the penalties, repeatedly running up the middle against a stacked line to put themselves in 3rd and long situations...These things almost cost Richlands the game. Richlands played a nearly flawless game against Grundy while the Golden Wave were the ones making the mistakes.

Now don't get me wrong. VHS played great and has gotten much better since the Graham game. They should do well in the future.

OK. I haven't saw Grundy, so all i was comparing was scores...which i am the one always saying isn't the best way to gauge teams. Turnovers were even, both teams were picked around their own 20 and both teams punched it in.

I will say that a LOT of the richlands players/coaches didn't agree with you after the game last nite BigD.

Come on, let's hear some more comparisons.

Lance, keep dreamin' that Grundy is good. cool.gif Two can play the "annoying antagonist" role. Remember the barkin' chihuaha?...you are like a rabid barkin' chihuaha roaming from thread to thread stirrin' it all up. grin.gif I love it.

grin.gif

I saw VHS play at Graham, so if we want to go the team vs. team route.

-Graham 25 - 0 over you...

-us 33-6 over Graham.

-We both lost to Richlands. "losing by less" is a poor argument...and I seriously doubt the rivalry between VHS and Richlands is anywhere near the rivalry between Richalnds and Grundy.

Grundy and VHS will play for the last time in the regular season in two weeks...VHS has dropped Grundy from its schedule next year. Just hope for a clean injury free game and may the best team win...maybe they will play again in the playoffs if you guys can win the Highlands.

[ QUOTE ]

I will say that a LOT of the richlands players/coaches didn't agree with you after the game last nite BigD.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly would you expect them to say? They're not going to go over and say "we should have put you away much sooner but we made too many mistakes and missed too many opportunities".

You seem to be fond of total yardage, so take a look at last night. Richlands had twice as many as VHS. They also had twice as many first downs, and a whopping four times as many penalty yards.

I gave you props for playing a great game, and for being improved since Graham...I even complimented your "throwback" PA anouncer, but if you want me to say Richlands played a great game and it was close because VHS is a great team, it's not going to happen. I haven't missed a Richlands game in a long time and this was not one of their better efforts.

which brings us back to...

it was coming off an open week and it's not exactly the biggest game they have played all year.

My personal opinion is that an open week can be good or bad...if a team is hot like Richlands was going in to it, then it may be a little hard for them to get up for a game like VHS who was what 3-4 going in to it? Not trying to degrade VHS by saying that but come on guys...VHS was not a huge challenge for Richlands in all honesty and they were probably a little sluggish.

I have noticed when Richlands plays a much lesser team that it takes them a while to get going in the game...it's just the way they play.