Predictions and thoughts on Richlands/CC game?

Blues_56

i wasnt tryin to make excuses for the lost because the mud isnt the only reason we lost. I was just sayin it didnt help.And even if we do lose tonight i wouldn't look for an excus. Richlands is a good team. so was Grundy, but had we played on a good field the outcome may have been different.

[ QUOTE ]

i wasnt tryin to make excuses for the lost because the mud isnt the only reason we lost. I was just sayin it didnt help.And even if we do lose tonight i wouldn't look for an excus. Richlands is a good team. so was Grundy, but had we played on a good field the outcome may have been different.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been raining here in Richlands all morning. I can't say for sure how good the field will be but they did some work on the drainage system over the summer. It should be ok.

Something you have to remember about the field at Grundy is that it's in a watershed. It sits between a mountain and a creek.

Its gonna be so much fun out there tonight.There's nothing like some good 'ol mud. So you guys can go ahead and start thinking of excuses b/c it's gonna be a long night for the Cavs!!! Richlands-35 CC-7...if there lucky!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...you would have lost by a lot more.

Last year, traveling to CC, their was a sign for us BLUES Fans to see " Your Next" Well guess what Cavs. Your traveling into Blue Country and the Storm Warning is here.

Welcome to Big Blue Defense, Richlands Va.

Richlands by 4 tds

Hey jarbarr88, if you need an excuse why Richlands will defeat you. I hope you come up with something better than we watered the field down. Because of today's rain, the field will be wet. But, BOTH teams have to play in it. And in case you didn't catch the local weather forecast. There is a "Tornado Warning in Effect" for Ernie Hicks Stadium tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey lance why do you have to be a butthole some times. Grundy is a good team and so are we. I belive that if it was a better field it would have been a lot closer game. Besides, the game was closer than the scoreboard showed. <font color="blue"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey lance why do you have to be a butthole some times. Grundy is a good team and so are we. I belive that if it was a better field it would have been a lot closer game. Besides, the game was closer than the scoreboard showed. <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

we live on speed dude...get real...if it was a better field there is no way you could contain marcum - looney - and marcum....just face it we were the better team this year...thats all there is to it.

I mean good luck you you guys in the playoffs and all that...but Richlands is going to win your division. I dont really like CC, but you guys have some great talent...it's just this year Grundy is a little better...just to be honest.

I do agree that this year Grundy is a better team than us. I also thank you for being rational. Next year is our year. Just think, we have six seniors this of which only four play. The rest of the team is juniors and sophmores. Sure we are losing a great RB in Wengered,who didn't have the greatest game against richlands, but thats about it. Everything esle will be in tact next year. So next year is going to be our year. Maybe we might suprise some people in the playoffs too. Ya never know!

I would agree that things are looking good for next year as we only lose a few guys that play much. However, each of the four Senior captains have played major roles in the team's success this year. We will have some other shoes to fill besides our running back. We will lose three other leaders in other key areas. I'm confident others will step up next year, but lets give all of the seniors credit for their contributions to the program. I am proud of all of the guys for their efforts in making what was labeled a rebuilding year a positive one. I hope we can finish the year strong, but regardless of what happens, the CC fans appreciate the effort that has been put forth by both the coaches and players.

I agree that all four seniors on the team have contributed greatly. Maybe what I should have said is that Wengered is the only senior we dont have a set backup for. All the rest we have very capble backups for everyone else. I wanna say that Shockley, Bowman, Pruitt, and Wengered have all had great years. Shockley as well as Bowman have done a great job blocking and playing defense. They are among the top in tackling for our program. Pruitt has done an OUTSTANDING job at reciver and DB. I dont know many of the records at CC for reiciving or anything, but i know that pruitt has to be close. He is probably avearging over 50 yards a game or more in a run first second and third team. Thats amazing. And Wengered has a great season with the exception of the Richlands game. Once again he must be close to some records for CC while playing for three years now. Great Job all seniors from CC.