A Poll (More Motivation for the Mavericks)

Sources

UVA-at-Wise--QB  

1. 1. UVA-at-Wise--QB

• Mabe will not QB the rest of the year?
    • Mabe will QB the rest of the year?

Here we go again. James Monroe has been in existence since 1994. Now tell me, how many championship trophies has Bluefield earned since 1994? And how many state title appearances? Bluefield is not that far ahead of James Monroe if you compare the time frame that matters. And that is 1994-2004.

Hey man don't worry about Sources he must just like to run his mouth to here himself. Hey Sources could you come up with something new besides oh we've been in five championships over the last ten years. SO WHAT YOU LOST ALL BUT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes we haven't been yet but we've been darn close twice and thats not bad for only a ten year exhistence. I will also say that in 99 and definetly in the 02 playoff games the game for us was lost by the guy on the sidelines making the calls not the guys playing on the field. And just so you don't think I'm making excuses in 98 we did get beat by a good Dupont team who lost to an awesome Weir team.

i dont normally say things derogatory about individuals on here, however, i will make an exception this time, and its addressed to gomavs and mavsgrad. your rationale and thinking is so twisted to think that the only years that matters is 94 on just b/c a JM team has been around that long..thats purely idiotic and shows your stupidity...for all you JM fans that think like that..look up the word 'egocentrism' and get a reality check..oh, wait, you'll have that in less than 24 hrs...now then

[ QUOTE ]

Hey man don't worry about Sources he must just like to run his mouth to here himself. Hey Sources could you come up with something new besides oh we've been in five championships over the last ten years. SO WHAT YOU LOST ALL BUT ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes we haven't been yet but we've been darn close twice and thats not bad for only a ten year exhistence. I will also say that in 99 and definetly in the 02 playoff games the game for us was lost by the guy on the sidelines making the calls not the guys playing on the field. And just so you don't think I'm making excuses in 98 we did get beat by a good Dupont team who lost to an awesome Weir team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to have touched a nerve considering the lengths to which mavsgrad went in the above post to "put me in my place". The truth hurts doesn't it?

I am pretty much done with this. I have made a career by making fools out of JM fans, now and in years past, by letting the facts speak for themselves. Bluefield is a far better and more successful football program.

[ QUOTE ]

Now tell me, how many championship trophies has Bluefield earned since 1994? And how many state title appearances?

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i can't believe he asked that question? and even bigger, i can't believe you others didn't jump all over that... oh well, i guess i will. if he sets 'em up, i'll knock 'em out of the park. let's take a look at the history of Bluefield and james monroe since '94 - shall we?

MADE TO SEMI's

BLUEFIELD - 1995, 1996, 1997, 1999, *2001, 2002

james monroe - 1999, *2001

* - Bluefield beat a heavily favored, and undefeated and top ranked james monroe in Semi's in '01

WENT TO WHEELING

BLUEFIELD - 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002

james monroe - NONE

WON TITLES

BLUEFIELD - 1997

james monroe - NONE

james monroe does look mighty impressive with 2 trips to the semi's, but there isn't another team in AA that has been more successful since '94. however, since nothing before the inception of jm matters, then our AAA history doesn't come into consideration either. more then that, if history doesn't count, then nothing over the last 10 years even matters because all the matters is happening on the field tonight.

all of you are just like a bunch of kids. nothing in the past matters. not the trips to wheeling and not the championships. only thing that matters is the game tonight so everyone just shut up and play the game. its not fair for the kids on either team to have to be compared to what their dads did or their great granddads or even their older brothers. the kids playing tonight had nothing to do with the last 10 years or 30 years. anyone can be beaten on any given night. and if you dont belieive that then why dont you have 10 championships in the last 10 years? let the kids decide it instead of abunch of has beens!!!!

i disagree steelerfan the past does matter after tonights game and this season the past is all we have. if blfd. wins or not i would still rather have our past. i think our wins out number our losses against any team rep. on this board mabey against any team weve ever played more than once.