Whos better? UVA or VT

TherHeIsDrumr

B_R...that is exactly what I was going to say when I read his post! I wish people would become a little more informed before taking up valuable space on the message board...

Hey BR's. Gotta ask ya how it felt pulling AGAINST the heels this past Saturday. I mean all that carolina blue that was being shown in Chapel Hill had to make you kinda of second guess yourself, even in football. lmao

[ QUOTE ]

Hey BR's. Gotta ask ya how it felt pulling AGAINST the heels this past Saturday.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't that hard in the football aspect actually. When you attend as many Hokie football games as I have you develop an emotional attachment to the program. It's unfortunate Carolina had to lose, but they gave a good showing and they did beat Miami.

Basketball is an entirely different story though, I could never root against my beloved Heels. Basketball was my first love, as was my love for Carolina basketball and it's so emotionally deep that it'll never die. My room is like a shrine to UNC basketball, always has been and always will be. I'd love to get my hands on a couple of tickets for the VT/UNC hoops game in Blacksburg on December 19th. I still cannot believe that Carolina will be playing so close to Bluefield.

[ QUOTE ]

Remember my connection? I'll e-mail him and get back to you, probably in a PM. I have to say once football is over I'm lost. I've never been able to get into the basketball thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember and I look forward to hearing from you...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

taking up valuable space on the message board

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao at this somewhat hypocritical post

Virginia on paper, but I could see a Tech victory

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time the hoos came to Lane they found their paper (and Schaub's passes) blowing in the wind

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Keep in mind that games aren't played on paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the help. smirk.gif

Virginia will win

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey BigD disregard this prediction of Virginia; I'm a Tech fan and I think they will win.

I just posted this to get that yahoo fired up after instructing me games aren't won on paper. confused.gifcrazy.gif

Tech: 24

Va school #2: 14

[ QUOTE ]

I've enjoyed the close, tight games a lot more than the blowout wins. Playing in the ACC sure beats having to play the likes of Rutgers and Temple every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. That's what I like most about being in the ACC

Knowing the competition is strong I believe helps the team to consistently play at a higher level throughout the season. It also forces to the team to become mentally tough knowing each week someone else is ready to smack them in the mouth if they aren't prepared to play...

Hmmm...Tech rotates their 2-deep throughout the game at every position except maybe the secondary. UVA might have a little more talent in their 2-deep at some positions but I don't think fatigue will be an issue.

Virginia is going to need all that depth and then some tomorrow afternoon when Miami comes calling. I have a feeling when the day is over that the Hokies will be sitting all alone in first place in the ACC. Who would have thought that at this point in the season considering the youth of the Hokies?

Not sure who I want to win that one. If UVA wins, the ACC championship will be played in Blacksburg on the 27th provided VT beats UMD. If The Canes win then VT can still win the ACC by winning out, but the odds of the Hokies beating UVA at Lane are better than beating Miami on the road. I think you're right that Maimi will win tomorrow though.