Linebacker Core:

JuiceDawg

you are crazy...Grundy and Richlands have the best in this area...Tazewell 3rd...Graham maybe 4th by default.

Grundy has not just Marcum, but Brown, Baker, Looney, and Penley...and Colby Owens on the end who has been having a heck of a year killing people.

I'm not that up on my Richlands names, but I know they have at least 3 or 4 LB's in the group that are right there with Grundy's...Wilson is good at Tazewell ...but thats it as far as being a "top" LB...and Graham? wtf? where did that come from...the best hit the Tazewell LB's had in the Grundy game was when they ran in to each other and got knocked out...that was a massive hit...to bad a Grundy player was not involved in it.

Hardest hit I have seen all year was AW Looney unloading on one of the KY teams on a punt garon Marcum ran back for a TD...I think it was Paintsville...gotta post video of that some day when I get some time to do more of that. Looney knocked this kid that was on a dead run 5 yards back the other way with his feet up in the air...he didn't get up for a while, was spitting up blood and they had to take the kid to the emergency room. Grundy sent 4 of them to the ER that night...one for broken ribs and 2 for broken collar bones...plus the kid Looney hit who I think ended up having a severe concussion and bruised ribs.

Are snorting something. First off Wilson isnt a lb. He is a corner. The kid he ran into was the FS. Why don't you get your facts straight before you come on here vomiting this crap up for all to read! Typical grungy!

I asked this question in a poll last week. The results were:

Grundy 37%

Tazewell 33%

Richlands 21%

Graham 2%

Carroll COunty 1%

Personally I would flip Tazewell and Richlands but that's just me.

[ QUOTE ]

Are snorting something. First off Wilson isnt a lb. He is a corner. The kid he ran into was the FS. Why don't you get your facts straight before you come on here vomiting this crap up for all to read! Typical grungy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Tid_Bit is a tad bit cranky. You figured he'd a little relaxed when he said he was snorting something. lol smile.gif

well..when Grundy played Tazewell, Wilson was "up in the box" all night then...guess they were trying to stop the run...didn't work.

Ah don't mind Tid Bit, he's jealous of Grundy so much it hurts him you can tell...every post he makes has something nice to say...lol.

If Wilson is playing corner or safety he sure is up in the LB area a lot in the three games I've seen him play in...but i don't claim to be the Tazewell expert around here so...if thats the case and he is not an LB then you guys definatly don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Grundy as far as the LB core goes...because your money player is a DB...feel better now Tiddy?

Also, the original post said "Tazewell was the best, Graham a close second"...it was changed after I made my post...just FYI where my post came from.

Tazewell and Richlands very close, Tazewell better inside and Richlands outside. Grundy right behind, we didn't get a good look at them.

The kid Tatum hit had fallen forward on a kick return and was laying on the ground with his helmet off when the hit occured. Tatum was a class act and checked on him after the game, he will tell ya that's not one of his many highlights. I did think he was the best defensive player we saw this year not from Tennessee High.

I know the discussion is SWD, but we have a pretty decent LB crew including #10 Jerome Lockett.

hey good luck friday, field should not be an issue...you should get to see all of #9 - #2 - #31 - #24 and #19 that you want to see Friday night...is the #5 kid that got hurt from Va High able to play yet or is he out for the year? And was he a SR? Hate to see any SR go out for the year with an injury...hopefully he'll get to play some more.

[ QUOTE ]

well r-lands has travis tatum who has the hardest hit recorded at va high when he hit the guy so hard it knocked him stupid"seriousely" tongue.gif ... good luck friday night guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Tatum is a F/S but he plays and hits like a linebacker!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

2004 SWD CHAMPS!!!

#5 is a senior. He is still with us but probably won't get to play anymore. It's a really crappy thing...he was our tight end, split time at OLB, and our special teams spark plug. He's hatin' it.

Sounds good on the field. I don't think it's rained since we played that night. Doesn't sound like it will before the game. We'll see who the mud hurts worse. We think us.

Let there be playoffs.

It's not even that muddy...they have done a lot of work to the field...looks pretty good considering the way it did two weeks ago...kudos the the Grundy grounds crew...lol. Coach Plymal is indeed the Duke of Turf...lol.

As long as it doesn't rain Friday it will be fine...it really only rained one day since you guys last played and they had the field pretty much covered.