All State Selections

GrundyWinsAll

Realistically, A. Marcum will prolly get All State. However, the rest of the kids will be hard pressed to get that mention due to the sheer number of AA teams. These kids will fill out the SWD and Region teams, but I just can't see no more than two making All State. A good playoff run (or title win) could help these things, though.

Both Marcums, Colby Owens, and Matt Lee should (in my personal opinion) be All State from Grundy....Colby in particular has had an excellent year and helped anchor the Wave's defense.

The AP will probably screw them all though because they have to push Hodge, Simmons, Hubbard, and the usual group from the other side of the state.

Richlands has a few that deserve it to...but wait and see...both Richlands and Grundy could win state and neither will put kids on the AP team.

I'd say Ringstaff will end up getting ALL of the honors this year, mostly because Richlands won the SWD and will control the process, so you know they won't give Garon Marcum a fair shake...not saying Ringstaff doesn't deserve anything he gets, he does...but between the two with Richlands in the drivers seat you know they will push their own kids...just the facts of life.

Coeburn, Davis, and Stone are all locks to make the all-state team. Then you have another handful of Beavers that can make a strong case for the team as well including Perdue, the Steptoes, TJ Morris, Daniel Wells, and Johnathan Repass just to name a few...