SWD Champs

dawgs86

How many people agree the coach lost the game for Mount Hope??  

1. 1. How many people agree the coach lost the game for Mount Hope??

I think you are underestimating the Blue Tornado. I also think that the lack of coaching in Tazewell will play a big factor in the fact that Tazewell has a snowball's chance in Hell of winning the district title. Until they get a "coach" instead of the sorry excuse and lack there of that they have now. If I was the tazewell coach after the embarrassment last year of not even making the playoffs. I would just forfit the season if I was his players and save the embarrassment. They have the talent but god knows that the coach will screw it up for them. Hate it for their seniors. Rumor is that the placement of him was done during the Grindstaff administration and that he is only there because someone on the school board is a family member. I believe that it is his father because isn't the coach Tim Rasnick. His fater is Bill Rasnick on the board. Guess the old saying in Tazewell is true. Ifyou don't have money or know the right people or are not in the "Cliq" you are not gonna get anywhere. By the way, I saw his kid play the other night at a middle school game, and he sucks too. Guess the no skill in basketball gene runs in the family.

Hold up! I wasn't sayin that they were gonna win or nothing. Just that you shouldn't underestimate them and as well as I remember, Richlands beat Tazewell last year 2 times and so did we up here at Graham. Of course though we will probably do it again this year because we have "your" coach now too and we've got Rasnick's Number now. So dig that sucka.

that was exactly what i was goin to post! i meant really, apparently all the votes are from Richlands. clearly it will be a tight race, but in the end it will be tazewell, grundy, and carrol co. it just depends on who comes out fired up and ready to play. but richlands is certainly not good enough to be the pick to win district and to be underestimated. confused.gif but anyhow it will be a tight race and someone will come out on top. no matter who it is there is no easy team in any sport in the swd.

Go Grundy Golden Wave Basketball 2004!

I have to disagree with you waveman. Richlands has a chance to be very good. Even though they lost Timmy we still have guys that can shoot the lights out on the perimeter and remember the name Brandon Robinson b/c he is going to be a big impact player down low. If we can find a little more depth we will be right in the thick of things for the championship.

i didnt say that yall' werent good but i was just saying i dont care who you are, the 04' pistons or the 96' bulls, you cant be the best and underestimated. that is just it. but you guys should still be a good team and be very good. just not in my eyes good enough to be the district champs.

Go Grundy Golden Wave Basketball 2004!

Hey JuiceDawg Richlands did not lose all five starters. The only two people that started every game for Richlands last year was Timmy, Brandon. Brian Tegeler never started and hardly played until the end of the year, and Taylor did not start every game and niether did Matt. Coach Rife switched it up quite a bit last year with the starting between Stephen Pruitt, Brandon Robinson, Craig Robinson, and Derrick Hamilton. These players are returning with experience. May not be the most talented but talented enought that i would take them on my team anyday. Not to mention the two JV players coming up expecially Rob Staton which will extend their bench. I believe the district is up in the air this year, but I would not forget about Richlands if I were you. Who knows how it will all end up. Could be just like football. Richlands predicted to end up third in district ended up going undefeated 4-0. Better than people thought.