According to the VHSL website...Richlands-Bassett.

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

I dont believe so eather

ive talked to several va people who said there going to the weir-bluefield game

[/ QUOTE ]

it says Friday? I thought Bluefield played on Sat? I was planning on going to that game Sat.?

I'm confused now...lol confused.gif

Thanksgiving holiday at both.

For that matter, a lot of offices (including mine) are closed that day, anyway. I'm pretty stoked about the game, particularly since this week will probably be the last time I get to visit Richlands for any length of time.

My concern is that Ernie Hicks Stadium will only be half full on Friday afternoon. With the band gone as it is...It's going to about as lively as funeral home. I know some people have the day off but others don't...Some won't be back from their Thanksgiving destinations by 1:30, and others may already have plans to be in Bristol or Bluefield for the busiest shopping day of the year...which also supports the idea that some people have to work.

I'm afraid the powers that be are shooting themselves in the groin with this one.

Although I think there will still be a good crowd.

You're basically talking about a net difference of six hours' starting time for an event that will consume about two. Aside from those folks who have to work, I predict that folks will adjust their schedules accordingly.

I think you will get a lot that want to go to both...these are both pretty important games. I know I will be there and probably have 3-5 people with me that would not be there if it's the same time as Tazewell...I'd expect a full house on hand...why do people go shopping on that day anyway>??? Do you REALLY need a $5 electric sandwich maker THAT badly??? confused.gif

I'm sure the people who have the ability to change their schedules will do so, although I'm thinking about those who can't...People like BigBlue02 who said he will be slaving away at Lowe's Friday afternoon. Or the people who work at Wal-Mart, McDonalds ect. My pharmacist who goes to every game will have to miss this one.

I'm glad people who ordinarily wouldn't get to be there will be able to... but I just think it's a bad decision.