W in 04

mavsgrad

im pulling for shady and bluefield, just to have 2 southern WV schools in it so we can listen to the northern teams complain. bluefield fans i will be at the game this sat. to watch bluefield. now cheering on the other hand i dunno. but i will be pulling for bluefield. i just dont want to northern teams in it cuz im tired of them thinking that southern WV is weak. good luck to shady and bluefield.

I also will b at the game saturday wearing my Shady stuff win or lose but still cheering for the beavers. I know you guys beat the crap out of us but who cares if we win also i could handle a second loss in the finals. I will cheer for u guys or james monroe in the playoffs as long as they're not playing Shady. Good luck to both teams this weekend id like to see a rematch of our game from earlier this year i swear if we played again we might be able to hold you guys under 50 LOL!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that Bluefield could not have beaten you just as badly if they had wanted to? That game had the potential to be just as ugly except for the fact that unlike your new found friends from up North, Bluefield had the class to call off the dogs when the game was in hand.

-----

If you were at the game, you would know that Bluefield kept the starters in the whole game. So much for all that class ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield vs

OakHill 42-6

Shady 61-15

Lee 58- 0

Mt View 58-0

WW 49-6

Did you leave your Class at home during these games?

RiderPride,

Let me set you straight on some things. In all the games you mentioned Bluefield removed their starters before the first half even ended. They could have scored more points prior to halftime of everyone of those games had they wished. In the games against Oak Hill, Beckley, and Mount View Bluefield took a knee to end the game inside the 5-yardline with the mostly freshmen on the field. So before you get on here running off at the mouth about something of which you have no clue you better have your facts straight. Furthermore, you are a guest here and I suggest that you start acting like one.

Hey rules if bluefield and shady get to play in the finals not likely on or part maybe you can talk simon itno taking the starters out after the first series lol!!! Good luck and i hope 2 c u guys n wheeling next friday.

Hey now. I was mearly replying to the statement that Weir has no class. We also took most of our starters out at half time of all of our playoff games and played every player on the team including freshman. I was mearly stating a fact: that some times you cannot help it when the score gets out of hand. And you should know that as well as I. After all they are all High School kids trying to play their best.Sorry you took offense.GO RIDERS!

[ QUOTE ]

Hey rules if bluefield and shady get to play in the finals not likely on or part maybe you can talk simon itno taking the starters out after the first series lol!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we better or else people will complain we're running up the score. I guess after we score our first touchdown on Weir we better remove the starters or get accused of running up the score.

[ QUOTE ]

Good luck and i hope 2 c u guys n wheeling next friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck to you guys as well. Both teams have a tough forty-eight minutes of football ahead of them this weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey now. I was mearly replying to the statement that Weir has no class. We also took most of our starters out at half time of all of our playoff games and played every player on the team including freshman. I was mearly stating a fact: that some times you cannot help it when the score gets out of hand. And you should know that as well as I. After all they are all High School kids trying to play their best.Sorry you took offense.GO RIDERS!

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably should have stated such in your inital post b/c it came off as disrepectful and that's why I took offense. I don't recall anyone calling Weir classless, especially a Bluefield fan, but maybe I missed that somewhere...

it will make no difference who beat j.m. by the most points come sat. afternoon, but if you want to talk about it. blfd. had 2 starters out in the j.m. game,( morris and steptoe) when weir played j.m., j.m. had 2 starters out

My quote was from Hillbilly on page 2

He stated that Bluefield could have run up the score on JM but "unlike your new found friends from the north we have more class than that." I took offense. As I have stated, the final scores don't always show the whole picture. And I was using his own team to show that example. I don't think Bluefield purposly runs up scores on their opponents, and I don't think Weir does either.GO RIDERS!

It's on page one of my browser, but I did find the post in question. It's not wise to comment on situation that you have no knowledge of. I would strongly discourage anyone from Bluefield to accuse Weir of running up the score on James Monroe unless they were there and can speak from first hand knowledge.

Simply looking at a final score and saying one team ran the score up on the other isn't smart. I remember when Bluefield beat Wyoming East 86-0 in 2002 most people accused Bluefield of running up the score without knowing the facts. They didn't know the Bluefield starters, most of which were freshmen and sophomores at that time, didn't play in the second half. They didn't know, and probably didn't care to know that every single player on the roster played in the game. They obviously didn't know that the reserves scored more points than the starters and played more minutes.