Giles Spartans

SWVA_Football

This was a heck of a game. Lebanon has a good team. Very well balanced. Giles defense held them just enough to win. Giles has a lot of weapons this year in that single wing offense. They have another tough test this week against Powell Valley. The winner of this game should win state. The east has been a little weak in division 2 lately. The games are getting tougher. Powell Valley is a good passing team, I dont know if they are as balanced as lebanon was, but I dont see them stopping Giles' attack. They will have to outscore them.

I would say that Giles will win State this year...I alays said from the first week that Reg. C will win it.

Man that was an awsome game, kinda sad Leb lost but what a game...if I were the coach (which Im not) I would have went for 2 when we tied it at the end, why? because Giles was getting like 10-15 yards a carry so you know they will score in overtime.

I was at the game and i would have to agree with u...but another thing, i thought that the coaches shoulda threw the ball a lil bit more. Your recievers werw whippin those corners like crazy, wide open almost evry time and thats where you big yardage came from too, but newayz, heck of a year and it is sad to see it end that way but on heck of a game.

a few weeks ago i made a post on lebanons coaching calls, i have always questioned some of them, but i guess sometimes that is what fans do, i just got done doing the same thing in the VT and UVA game. But if your tearing a team apart throwing the ball and your receivers are catching almost anything, you have to do more of it. (but again I'm not a coach) great job to both teams and a great show of sportsmanship, a good hard played game I'm sure all of you will feel it in the morning. BEAT PV

Yea i agree wit ya, if your having success in the air, u keep doing that. or do it to where they feel pass and then pull offa big run, but newayz, like u said ur not a ciach and niether am i,thats how things go,good job to both teams.

Great season Lebanon, I was there pulling for you every game. Like everyone wish they would have passed more. I think it will be tough for Giles to stop PV, but it will also be tough for PV to stop Giles. Should be a good game. Good luck to SWVA and Region C.

I filmed the game for ARC tv, and I thought Lebanon outplayed Giles in almost every aspect of the game. I will give credit to Giles, their defense did enough to win. But all the credit for Giles' win should go to # 32 Ricky Cook, without him Lebanon would have rolled Giles. Another thing their secondary better shape up becuse next week they have to go up against one of the best passing teams in the state.

I agree with everybody else, Lebanon quit throwing and Giles could'nt stop it, I don't get it. This was Lebanon's best chance in 12 years and I can't help but feel it was wasted. Why quit throwing when you're successful with it? make them stop it before you go to something else. Anyhow, good luck to Giles, you have your hands full with a throwing Powell Valley team and Phil Robbins won't go away from it as long as it is working

clodhopper, you are exactly right, giles could not stop lebanons passing attack, but i guess, just like the majority of all high scholl coaches they decided to try and get the running game going, lebanon would have won if they kept passing, good luck to giles next week, but i think Lebanon-PV would be a better game

forgot to write something the other day, has anyone (including henly) overlooked how fast lebanon tied up the ball game at the end? 45secs left 4th quarter and how did they get to the end zone? majority was passing. I guess it's time i shut up on this, but when people that did'nt get to watch the game come up to me and ask why lebanon lost it gets me all stirred up again.

well, like you said Zach Miller was on target all night and even got a couple of long runs of draw. If Brad Robins is anywhere near as good as he is supposed to be then Powell Valley will tear Giles apart through the air. The Giles secendary just aint' good at all. they will need alot of good luck and long runs against the Vikings. good luck Giles.

------------------------------

Go UVA! Go #89- Mackey Award Finalist Heath Miller

I dont understand why in the world did Lebanon quit throwing the ball? Why quit something that Giles obviously couldn't stop? If the weather is sloppy, then it will favor Giles and their single wing, but if it is remotely good weather, Powell Valley will have a field day with their secondary.