bassett-richlands

bhsfan

[ QUOTE ]

There have been some comments questioning the "heart" of these young men. There was one quote from Grundy10 (I know that he is not one or yours!!) talking about how the kids from F-C kind of disappeared when the pads started popping.......

If ya'll don't mind, we put the Fieldale-Collinsville and Bassett thing behind us long ago. We are no longer, the old Collinsville and Bassett of years ago. Yes we did get a lot of the players from F-C, but we had quite a few players that were already here. The kids have done an outstanding job of becoming a cohesive unit and put all (if any) differences aside. We are now the "new" Bassett Bengals that are trying to establish themselves as a force to be reckoned with academically and in all sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tigh (Grundy10) didn't say anything bad about FC????? That's my boy...don't talk bad about him...lol.

...and my comments about FC were not bad either...they gave us a heck of a game last year in the playoffs...lots of speed...I was just saying I think a few of those kids are on the (Bengals) team again this year are they not?

You know Ive read all theese,and I DO APPRECIATE tha Bastain fans that knew how much it rained and why the field was the way it was. But some thing i didnt read in all this look at Richlands schedule, back when the season started we spent almost a whole month away on the road when the weather was nice and ptetty. That field took a beating the last seven weeks. One more thing then Ill close with this coach Mance wouldnt even let the little league play there games the field was wet. He's tried, coaching staff has tried, and fans and supporters have put there heart and sole into this field and facility. TO MAKE IT A GOOD PLACE TO HAVE A GOOD FOOTBALL GAME ON FRIDAY NIGHTS.I know i said only one more thing but if the field wasnt as wet as it was just wonder how many more yards C <font color="blue"> </font> ain would of had

Quite a few. We are a lot like Richlands (17 seniors) in that we have (I believe) 18 seniors that contributed greatly to our success. We will bring back 4 offensively and 4 on the defensive side of the ball. Lose almost all of our skill position guys. It was a great mix that we got from both schools. On the defensive side we had from the "Old" Bassett 6 and 5 from F-C. On offense 5 "Old" Bassett and 6 from F-C. I cringe even putting that down, because we really have put the past behind us. One school, one common goal.

well the only reason i brought it up was because they played us a good game and we didn't get to play you guys this year...so thats all i had to go by...and i remember there being a lot of JR's on the team last year...figured they were still around somewhere.

Had you been consolidated last year when we played you I would have stated that "Bassett" layed down when the pads started poppin. You werent. Thats why I said FC layed down. The bad field is the worse excuse I have ever heard from anybody. True, the field does hamper teams with speed. But both teams play on it. It can cause you to have to play a different style of football but it doesnt change the effort that the boys put out on the field. It doesnt matter why it was muddy. Fire trucks, rain, snow, it doesnt matter. It was gonna be wet and there wasnt anything anybody was gonna be able to do about it.

[ QUOTE ]

Had you been consolidated last year when we played you I would have stated that "Bassett" layed down when the pads started poppin. You werent. Thats why I said FC layed down. The bad field is the worse excuse I have ever heard from anybody. True, the field does hamper teams with speed. But both teams play on it. It can cause you to have to play a different style of football but it doesnt change the effort that the boys put out on the field.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are talking about the kids from F-C, you are talking about us. Questioning our heart is like saying that your (9-1) regular season was because of who you had on your schedule. Just think about what you post about the character of another team before you make another statement like that. I know that the SWD is well known for being a "smash mouth" style of football area, but there are other schools and places that play some similar styles.

PS If you think that a wet field does not affect some teams more than others, try ice skating without the ice skates!!!!

RICHLANDS FANS---- I am not making excuses, just responding to what GRUNDY10 posted. Please keep that in mind!!!!!!

ProudBengal, I for one don't question your team's heart, talent, schedule or anything else. The only thing I knew about your team before this game was that you beat Magna Vista. Beleive me no one from Richlands doubts Magna Vista no matter what their record is.

I was worried about this game when it started...I was worried at half time...I was worried at the start of the fourth quarter when I saw your team wasn't going to wear down...and I was very worried when you got the ball on the Richlands 24 late in the game.

If I have disrespected your team on this board in any way, I apologise.

[ QUOTE ]

I was worried about this game when it started...I was worried at half time...I was worried at the start of the fourth quarter when I saw your team wasn't going to wear down...and I was very worried when you got the ball on the Richlands 24 late in the game.

If I have disrespected your team on this board in any way, I apologise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just gets me a little upset when someone questions the heart and integrity of a team based upon one game from the past. That is why I made the comment about his teams (9-1) regular season record. I don't believe that you have ever said anything to disrespect our team. I appreciate your comments now and I have enjoyed your posts in the past on other issues. Like all Richlands fans bleed the blue and white, I bleed the blue and orange of the Bengals.

Thank you for your response!!!!

plain and simple GOOD TEAMS DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES NOR DO THE FANS. bassett had a good team. so do not come on here and make excuses for the lose. one team done what they had to do to win and on that given night the other did not.

and anyhow both teams play on the same field i do not care if the fire trucks were spraying the field while we played. so be it. so would it be wrong to bring in a helicopter to dry the field as i have seen before because your team plays better in the dry. heck why not bye snow machines. by the way this last part was just a joke i do not mean it. but i really did see a helicopter brought in before to dry a field the day of the game.

TO THE BASSETT TEAM, BAND AND FANS YOU HAD A GREAT YEAR AND A GOOD GREAT TEAM. GOOD LUCK WITH BASKETBALL AND ALL ELSE ITN THE FUTURE

[ QUOTE ]

plain and simple GOOD TEAMS DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES NOR DO THE FANS. bassett had a good team. so do not come on here and make excuses for the lose. one team done what they had to do to win and on that given night the other did not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if you read some of my earlier posts, you will see that I give credit for doing what needed to be done to win the game. If you want to twist everything that I stated into what you call making excuses, then so be it.

Hamil76, I agree completley. Thats why you wont ever hear any of our players question why we lost this year. We had plenty of chances, things just didnt go our way. It happens.

Bengal, I wasnt questioning your teams heart or any of that. The SWD is all about Smash Mouth Football and that is usually the best thing we have going when we play against PD teams or teams from any other region. Football here is played different than the rest of the state. Instead of running around the players and trying to score, we are taught to run through them and score. I was posting on my experience against FC last year. I start both sides of the ball so I know what took place during the course of the game. The more big hits a team takes, the more they are gonna be thinking about it play after play. Thats all I said. If you disagree with this concept, im sorry my opinions are different than yours. No harm intended grin.gif

No harm was taken. I just wanted you to realize that a lot of people from our area took offence to that statement. I realize the style of football in your area is different from what you may call the style of our area, but to say that all we had were guys that tried to "run around people" is far from being correct. We had two backs that I am sure no wanted to see coming at them with a full head of steam (#33 Thomas and #44 Ross). If their style of running is what you call "running around" people, then either you didn't see these young men play, or you are not giving credit where credit is due. confused.gif

Im talking on a much bigger scale than 1 or 2 players and over a longer time period than just this year. 88, you know as well as I do that SWD is a different breed of football. I dont really know why this comment is being taken as it is. I was talking to Richlands, not anyone in Bassett or Fieldale-Collinsville. The game is over. Our game vs FC last year is over. No need to dwell on either. This will be my last post on the subject. If it offended anyone, sorry. I promise that it wont be the last time on this board someone will say something you dont agree with but those are my opinions. Take it or leave it.

No problem, I'm sure that there will be plenty of things that will offend people from our area on here in the future. That's the great thing about this forum!!! Just wanted you to at least acknowledge that we do have some, (maybe even more than you think), that are more than capable of playing the style of football in your part of the state. I know that your area has proven it over a long period of time, and that's the beauty of football in the Southwestern part of the state. I for one love that style of play!! It's great to watch as a fan, and I love to see the "big hits" that accompany it.

BEST OF LUCK TO RICHLANDS!!!!!

football is football...anyone who puts on a helmet and plays the game or shows up and practices every day shares a common brotherhood above and beyond those who never do...it's what makes the sport special. It's the last physical sport where you line up as a team and try to physically overpower the people on the other side of the ball. It's the only thing like it in the world. Everyone might have their own version of it, but in the end football is just football...and it's a great game. grin.gif

• 4 months later...