Tazewell Vs. Gretna Predictions

Dawgs07

JuiceDawg,

You and the rest of the T-town faithful have NO IDEA what the 'dogs will be facing in Gretna. There is NOTHING in SWVA that compares to the explosiveness of that team. They score quick and often...the last two weeks alone they have scored 37 and 27 in the FOURTH QUARTERS! I think someone posted earlier that Tazewell would have to control the clock for 30 minutes to have a chance...that isn't enough! Giving the ball to Vic Hall and the Gretna offense for 18 minutes in a game is more than enough time for them to score 9 or 10 TDs. I'm just trying to be nice and give you all fair warning...its not going to be pretty...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GMan,

Well call it what ya wanna, but I will be right in the mix to verify it. May not be pretty and may be an upset in the making but either way T-town deserves more props and appreciation then they are getting. Great year! From what I can make out of it. wink.gifSmell ya lata...

It will require 60 or more running plays by Tazewell, and nothing short of a hurculean effort by Tazewell's defense to have a reasonable chance of winning. To that all I can say is good luck.

As for my prediction : Gretna -28

It is one thing to have hope. It is another thing to be REALISTIC.

Ergo, it is downright laughable to predict Tazewell over Gretna. I would be happy if Tazewell would win this game, though it would take minor miracle for this upset to happen, especially on behalf of Tazewell's defense. GMan is totally right on this one. My result is under the poll on the main page...57-3

By the way, Don't hit Vic Hall too hard...he's UVA's future. wink.gif

i agree also, Vic Hall is the best QB in the state without a doubt. Vic Hall will do great as a freshman at UVA, hopefully gets to start. but, groh will redshirt him and the other one coming from Richmond. good luck tazewell, you will certainly need that and more. and watch the passing if you are in the secendary because that is almost all they do. so my prediction is 56-7. like i said good luck!

---------------------------------

Go UVA! Go #89-Mackey Award Finalist Heath Miller

[ QUOTE ]

Vic Hall also is not 6'5'', 265.

He has the quintessential quarterback stature, and therefore, I think he will play quarterback. His speed will set him apart. If he does not play quarterback, I think he will play in our sub-par secondary.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has a rocket pass or so it seems from those two clips; did you notice?

At 5'9" 168 he's more of a quintessential cornerback, and with a 4.52 his speed won't set him apart from most linebackers. I don't doubt his athletic ability but I think he will end up at corner or running back.

no way Tazewell can win this in a shootout...They put up a lot of points against Abingdon, but this is not Abingdon...if they let Vic Hall get going it's over...the only chance they have is total ball control and hope for a couple of 3 and out's....Tazewell needs to eat up as much clock as possible between scores and frustrate Hall in the process...make him play your game and not his game...they score in 1 min...go out and eat up the rest of the quarter on a drive and score...that will do two things...one Gretnas defense will not like hitting Tazewell that long...these guys can hit...they must look at the strong points they have and exploit them and hope they can make Gretna play Tazewell ball...if you go out there and they score and you go right back and score it's going to end up getting them rolling and thats disaster...tazewell doesn't have that type of offense to hang 4 quarters with a team like Gretna...that's how I see it.

I've heard rumblings, but those things get said about any talented athlete by the rival schools, either high school or college. Plus, not every kids goes to prep school for academics reasons, some go to get bigger and stronger for college so they're more prepared for the level of competition. Others go simply b/c the school gave out too many scholarships and need to delay a kid coming in until January or the summer. Although, I don't think Hall would need prep school for those reasons.

GMan,

Well at least the T-town faithfuls as you called us, are showing some support and having faith in our Dawgs! Thanks for the warning, but we don't need it... all we need to know is that we have the talent to have made it this far, and what it takes to beat Gretna in the end! GO DAWGS!!!! We're proud of our boys!! Go get 'em!!!

I'm pulling for the 'Dawgs....But, I see a light at the end of the tunnel........it's called the " Vic Hall Express ". I hoping Tazewell can find some way to derail that train. It would be a great sequel to the movie Miracle......Good luck Dawgs !!!