Tazewell Vs. Gretna Predictions

Dawgs07

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot that Virginia Tech is the holy grail of civilization...

Well, Miami will knock the Hokies into reality and/or knock them senseless Saturday. If our defense can shut them down for one half, just think what Miami will do, with speed and a little something Virginia Tech lacks...RAW talent. The Scorpions did not write "Rock You Like a Hurricane" for nothing, folks. wink.gif

He will not be stuck at halfback, we have Lundy next year, with Michael Johnson in to fill his shoes.

It's SLIGHTLY possible he will go to defensive back, because our secondary is porous, to say the least.

He will most likely be our quarterback after being redshirted as a freshman. He gave a verbal commitment to Virginia his freshman year, so I HIGHLY doubt Hall will go to a prep school. I do believe his GPA is at about a 3.0 (or so I have been told), so that's no problem.

Yes, I go to the "Good Ol' University", sing my "Good Ol' Song", and get a "Good Ol' Education".

Virginia Tech flat outplayed UVA last Saturday, and I'll be the first to admit that to you. I will make you a deal: you stop being arrogant, and I stop talking about the game and how UVA is superior to Tech in most every sport (baseball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, tennis, volleyball, [i could go on]) but football. smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I go to the "Good Ol' University", sing my "Good Ol' Song", and get a "Good Ol' Education".

Virginia Tech flat outplayed UVA last Saturday, and I'll be the first to admit that to you. I will make you a deal: you stop being arrogant, and I stop talking about the game and how UVA is superior to Tech in most every sport (baseball, soccer, lacrosse, basketball, tennis, volleyball, [i could go on]) but football. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But football...

Baseball...depends on the year (I like that new coach for sure)

Tennis...marginal at best

Lacrosse...you are the kings (cheifs) of that, lmao

Basketball...you are the rockstars of the ACC, lmao

Soccer...didn't tech beat UVa this past year, searching

Volleyball...i'm clapping my hands right now in honor of UVa

Don't come into the box with that weak stuff...respectfully...let's talk football.

You forgot swimming. confused.gif How could you?

Baseball: Tech is mediocre at best, as they had a record BARELY over .500 last year, while UVA had a record 29 games OVER .500 in earning a first place regional birth. The ACC is a monster conference in this, and we would like to welcome Virginia Tech, whom UVA will beat up on at least eight times this season.

Lacrosse: This is ludicrous. Virginia was the 2003 National Champions and the Women's 2004 National Champions. That is enough on that.

Swimming: I realized I forgot swimming after writing this. Six ACC titles, and four in the last six years. Only Florida State and North Carolina come close in the conference.

Basketball: UVA has just become the SEVENTH ACC team to become nationally ranked. UVA does not hold a candle to Wake Forest or Duke, but facts are facts. Virginia Tech will finish the season four or five games UNDER .500 in the toughest conference in the land, while UVA will finish seventh (which is not great by any means), but that will earn a record of six or seven games above .500.

Soccer: Where is Virgnia Tech? At home, watching UVA march into the national quarterfinals. One game has no bearing on the rest of the season in soccer...the playoffs matter. Just ask Grundy fans about that one.

Tennis: Again, this is not close. UVA is nationally ranked year in, year out. Mediocre at best? LOOK AT THE FACTS! The men's team rolled off fifteen straight wins last season, and climbed to twelve in the national rankings. Gentlemen, this is the ONLY sport that the NCAA ranks sixty-four teams during the REGULAR season. Where is Virgnia Tech? I am looking through the list, yet I cannot find them. Hmmm...

Volleyball: A third seed in the ACC tournament, after a lambashing of Virginia Tech (if there is such a thing in that sport). UVA has the best freshman hitter in the nation in S. Kirkwood. Virginia Tech had a seven seed if I am not mistaken.

I am not pulling facts out of my behind. Take a close look...the only sport I HAVEN'T named is football. Therefore, it's a crying shame when UVA does take the Commonwealth Cup, as it did in 2003.

Let's leave this topic to another day, or start a whole new post entirely. This is supposed to be for Tazewell/Gretna. Which, I may add, will look like the Cavaliers' 21-10 beat-down of Virginia Tech in baseball last year...

[ QUOTE ]

GRETNA-28

TAZEWELL-31

IM FEELIN IT FOR THE DAWGS!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be crazy! There is no way that Tazewell is going to pull this one off!

Gretna 46

Tazewell 12

EVERY DOG HAS IT DAYZ... I'LL BE THE FIRST TO TELL YOU THAT TAZEWELL WILL COME READY TO PLAY... I THINK THAT THESE GUYS HAVE DONE WELL THIS YEAR AND I HOPE THAT THEY WILL NOT LET ALL THIS TALK GET TO THEIR HEADS... TAZEWELL JUST NEEDS TO PLAY THEIR GAME AND THE REST WILL FALL INTO PLACE. THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE A TOSS UP... smirk.gif

Ah do what???? [ QUOTE ]

Tazewell gets a taste of what playing a real team is like. Sorry Bulldogs, no more playing cupcake teams from the local districts anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] Hey Sources , who is Lee, Princeton, and Graham. Tazewell could beat them too, your a great team but dont disrespect the (SWD)! We are football around here this year. I think Richlands, and Grundy could beat Bluefield if played right now personally. Just a opinion dont get hott about it! wink.gif

Going with the faith of the Dawgs. I think that the 1st half will be closer than a lot think. And yes I remember last years contest(or 1st drive,1st series w/40 TD pass) between Gretna and Graham. But the thing is Tazewell in the 1st wont score much and wont let Gretna see the endzone as much as people think. 1st half Im seeing Gretna leading with a 21-7 or so with Gretna scoring in their last drive of the half. Hopefully Tazewell will hold on in the 2nd but its hard to see. Good Luck to Wyatt's Riot and the Dawgs.