Turf Field??

beaverbaseball

As most of us know Wheeling Island Stadium has just recently this year put in Turf. So do you think this will make a big difference in the running game or passing game.

Atleast it won't be muddy if the conditions are bad!

Someone told me that they have to get new kind of cleats to play on it but im not for sure, do any of you all know?

Yeah you have to get new type of cleats made for turf, b/c if u use cleats it will mess up the field bad. the cleats are kinda like rubber cleats, but the tips r molded down. most places dont have them. i would hate to be on that field at the end of the season.

[ QUOTE ]

From what i could see the field looks alot different and alot better then last year

[/ QUOTE ]

That is much better than the mudhole I've seen there previously. But then again, the whole Wheeling championship thing STILL chaps my backside, how they have locked in control of having the state championship at what is probably the most remote location in West Virginia (save for Martinsburg).

I think the championship ought to be in Charleston, or perhaps at the site of the #1 team (they used to do this, Bluefield won in 1975 in Mitchell).