State Game!!!

Blues_82

Liberty University has a 12,000 seat stadium with Astroturf. But don't make any travel arrangements just yet. Richlands has their work cut out for them on Saturday.

The winner of Salem @ Richlands will play the winner of Grafton @ Harrisonburg.

If Harrisonburg advances to the state championship along with Richlands, there will be such camraderie among Graham and Richlands fans as I've never seen before, regardless of the past "Cleatgate" or whatever. However, I have a good friend who is a Grafton alumnus, and I would not mind seeing that team in the championship, for competition's sake.

Well the state game is gonna be a big one...ever since i can remember going to richlands games i really never remembered it being this exciting...practice this week has been good and i cant wait to see what happens saturday!

I HAVE A ? IF THE STATE GAMES ARE DOUBLE HEADERS. HOW WILL THE DO THE SEATING DOES THE TICKETS PAY FOR BOTH GAMES OR WILL THEY EMPTY THE STADIUM. I AM NOT WORRING TO MUCH ABOUT SEATING BUT IF THE FIRST GAME FANS CHOSE TO STAY SECOND GAME FANS MAY NOT GET GOULD SEATS. BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT MOST FANS WOULD MOVE ON BUT IT ONLY TAKES A FEW TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

Ya get there early enough for the first game, you can sit and watch both for the same $8.00 as long as you don't leave the stadium.!! Once you leave the main gate, you have to pay to re-enter. As for the good seats, well, if you are there for the second game, there will be plenty of time for all the spectators of the first game to vacate and the good seats will become available. At Williams Stadium, there are no bad seats. I'm not certain which game will be played first this year, but you can go to the VHSL website for that info. It's not that big a hassle once the first game is over to find good seating for the second game. Been there....done it.!!!

Richlands players remember our motto all year ONE GAME at a time. We have a HARD game Saturday afternoon, Lets play this game.I love all you boys.Play four hard quarters, play with heart.Dont start lookin to next week.

Yeah thats true and if we look too far ahead we will forget about the task at hand...lets keep focused on saturday and be prepared to give salem a tail kickin...just wantin some info on what state will be like whoever goes.

The other two teams that are playing for a spot at the state game...what is the depth of their team...is Richlands looking at the best competition that we've seen in a while...as for me im really anxious to see what happens here in the next coming week or so...how bout the rest of you guys...

For the state finals, Liberty has a turf field but it is not AstroTurf. They have a newer design that is much easier on the knees. This field uses a man-made grass fiber that is set in about 6 inches of rubber fill. It is not as slick as traditional Astroturf when wet yet provides good traction while not transmitting high stress to joints when running. Overall a great surface.

Looking forward to a good game on Saturday. I know that the Salem players are looking forward to the game and playing a tough Richlands team. Field conditions are the same for both teams and they have played on everything from 5" of mud to rockhard dirt over the past few weeks.

Good luck to both teams!

[ QUOTE ]

looks like regular garden variety astroturf to me...which sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can't make everybody happy. If it is a muddy field people complain if its turf people complain. Maybe we should play in the parking lot. grin.gif

J/K Lance

Haha the garden variety sure looks good...i wouldnt care what it was as long as i was there and the opportunity for a state championship title was there for the picking...hopefully we'll get some turf training this week lol...

i went to the Honaker state game a few years ago. it is a great field. and i think that everyone will like the nice stadium. i like the turf, but if you get a team that is alot faster than you, you are messed up. good luck Richlands!