Richlands/Salem GAME discussion thread

BigD4VT

Can anyone tell me why in the world Mance got away from running both Ringstaff and Whaley. If you remember the first part of the season those teams didn't know what to do when RHS had the ball because we had so many weapons now we either sneek it or give to Ringstaff. Just wandering

Whaley had a great game against Abingdon. He does need to get the ball more. One thing I would really like to see Richlands do when teams put 8-9 in the box is throw some swing passes to Ringstaff and Whaley. Other than a few screens, Richlands doesn't really have a short passing game. They also need to get the ball to Keene more. That middle screen type play to him is money.

I havnt seen Salem play so Im not gonna get into the topic,but theese boys have a lot of heart, Ive never seen a taem like this one (Richlands) that wont quit.Some one was talking about the line earlier.but they failed to mention some one Whaley makes some holes, he bulked up from last year and he is capable to break one. The only reason I started this talkin tonight is that.it wasnt because it we didnt try. Besides the county workers,theres alot of men that missed work this week to help on the field. The visiting side line was fixed, extra bleachers added for Salem,extra restroom facilities added for salem,the muddy areas goin into the stands on both sidelines have been graveled, the field was rolled and turfaced Saturday covered on Monday,turfaced again today, gonna be again tommorrow. But the bottom line is if it 100 degrees between eight oclock tommorrow morning til one thirty Satuday afternoon the field still gonna be wet, Between the rain GOD BLESSED US WITH AND ALL THE FOOTBALL GAMES THATS A FACT WE TRIED TO THE BEST OF OUR POSSIBILITY.GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS....PLAY YOUR HEARTS OUT ALL 4 QUARTERS BLUE

Sorry, Richlands does NOT have a "network".

540 & 105.5 belong to the Browns and I simply push a button to simulcast them. Some people like AM better for some reason, so why not?

100.7 is majority owned by a couple from up near Princeton.

And I don't need to tell you why ANY $tation does HS football game$, now, do I?

With the Kicks/104 gang running the Tazewell games on 107.7 in Richlands (the old YRV-FM), I'd say it's the only town in Va. that has games on 4 stations.

And don't forget, I do a better scoreboard, too. I wonder if that other station even knows where the other semi is being played? Or will they wait 'til after Ron gives the score to the PA guy to update it?

I have always enjoyed Ron and Edith during our games.. They unlike other stations/anouncers know our players. They have watched these young men grow up. Thanks WGTH for all the great games.

[ QUOTE ]

I have no doubt that the field will be in the best possible condition.

Silly question...what exactly is "turfaced"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turface is the brand name of a substance similar to kitty litter that grounds crews use to absorb excess moisture. My son works for the rec dept. here in Salem. They use tons of it each year mostly during the softball season.

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[ QUOTE ]

I have always enjoyed Ron and Edith during our games.. They unlike other stations/anouncers know our players. They have watched these young men grow up. Thanks WGTH for all the great games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine Richlands football without Ron Brown.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have no doubt that the field will be in the best possible condition.

Silly question...what exactly is "turfaced"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turface is the brand name of a substance similar to kitty litter that grounds crews use to absorb excess moisture. My son works for the rec dept. here in Salem. They use tons of it each year mostly during the softball season.

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info. Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]

That kicker is the most accurate toe bash kicker i've ever seen! Most kickers on all levels now days kick soccer style but the Keene kid who still uses the old toe bash does a pretty good job of it! He's accurate and he's got a pretty good foot. I was impressed with his play in the Magna Vista game as a kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thank you for the compliment.