Listen up Tornadoes!

BigD4VT

When last season ended at Magna Vista my first thought was "This is going to be one heck of a football team next year". With so many guys coming back, and so many of them being seniors, I knew 2004 was going to be special.

I chuckled when I saw so many people predict Richlands to finish 3rd or 4th in the SWD. I mean, I expected Grundy and Graham (still not sure what happened there) to be tough...but not as tough as Richlands.

After the scrimage against Honaker I looked at my sister and said "Richlands will not lose until the playoffs". Now I know you dropped one at Gate City a week later but I didn't leave there feeling like you lost. You fought hard in that game. And in all honesty you were just one play from winning it.

Three months later you are 11-1. This season has been a blast! You don't have to win tommorrow to call the year a success. Tomorrow is just icing on a well deserved cake. But you can win it. I know you can...I know you will!!!

The crowd will be behind you. I have never heard that stadium as loud as the last two weeks. But it will be MUCH LOUDER tomorrow. The band is behind you! The cheerleaders are behind you! "The Glad Bag Section" is behind you! The little kids who yell "CHARGE!" on cue from the guy who whistles...the PA Guy, the radio guys, The rescue squad, the people parked on 460..all behind you. Heck GRUNDY is behind you.

Go out there tomorrow and know that THIS IS YOUR DAY! Salem might be every bit as good as you but I'd bet my life they're not better. Nobody is!!!

NOW GO GIT-R-DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we can win the state "semi-final championship" tomorrow. Sort of like when V-High won the "regional semi championship" Ha Ha Ha !!!!

That's just a little humor at that V-High posters expense. Sorry, don't mean to ruffle any feathers. Sort of..... grin.gif

Excellent post BigD. We want every fan to scream and yell as loud as they can when Salem has the ball, just try to get in there head and intimidate them.

I am just counting down the hours to get a chance at them. Man i can't wait!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah but all will return to normal next year when you hate us for exactly one week. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta feel the love in here though...lol. Kinda nice to see some mutual respect...nothing wrong with a good rivalry hate game once a year, but I think it's pretty good sportsmanship to come back a few weeks later and support that same team once your season is over. People can say what they want about the Grundy kids...but if you get to know them, they are a class act...and that reflects well on the coaches and the program also.

[ QUOTE ]

People can say what they want about the Grundy kids...but if you get to know them, they are a class act...and that reflects well on the coaches and the program also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy people are good people. I have ancestors in Buchanan County all the way back to 1860 when it became a county. They were and still are a different breed.

RICHLANDS ALL ICAN TELL YOU BOYS PLAY ALL YOUR FOUR QUARTES YOULL WIN!!!!! ILL BE STARTIN THE PARTY AT 8:00 IN THE MORNING ANYBODY WANNA JOIN COME OUT WITH US LETS GET THE PARTY GOING IN THE MORNING. THAT WAS ONE CLASSY MESSAGE BIG D

BigD i have been reading this post for a while now and that is the best post i have read. These young men have played there harts out this year they have all improved greatly from last year. I remember at the end of last year everyone said without timmy brown Richlands wont be the same. But Thad has proven all the non-belivers wrong this year. Congradulations guys on your great season you are so close to winning a state championship i can fell it. You guys can beat salem they are not better than you if you guys go out there and give it 100% we will see you all in Liberty the next week. Good Luck Guys.

Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!