Auburn's bowl destination

mavsgrad

Does anyone else think Auburn got screwed. I am so sick of this BSC thing that I could through up. I mean Auburn has pretty much rolled everyone they have played with the exception of LSU and Tennessee this weekend. I personally think it should be USC and Auburn playing for the title. Hopefully Auburn will come ready to punch out those stupid Hokies who sleep walked through the worst overall ACC performance I've ever see "meaning when was the last time that both Miami and FSU lost more than two games in a seaon plus NC state and Maryland were down as well." Well hopefully Auburn will win and at least get a piece of what they should be playing for.

You can't take Oklahoma out of the National Championship because they rolled everybody they played except their two big rivals OSU and Texas.

The main thing that would help solve the problem is eliminate the preseason polls. Just b/c USC and OU were rankced 1 and 2 to start the season no one was able to jump them unless the lost. Get rid of those polls and then Auburn might have been able to jump USC or OU.

everyone on the planet wants a playoff system but the morons running the show...every year this almost ruins the whole thing...how great would it be to see playoffs starting this week with the top 32 teams or so?

Let's see...

Dec 10th - 32 teams

Dec 17th - 16 teams

Dec 24th - 8 teams

Dec 31st - 4 teams

Jan 7th - 2 teams

Jan 8th - 1 true national champion

how friggin hard is that????

Someone has to be left out when there are 3 unbeaten teams. It's not fair but it's all we are ever going to get. I have been slow to jump to the other side of the bowl vs playoff debate but now I'm all for a playoff. It won't happen however.

I'll have to dissagree about VT "Sleepwalking through the ACC". They are a bad call and a missed FG from being in the MNC mix themselves. It was the media who said the Hokies wouldn't be any good this year...The same media that said VT had the 2nd strongest schedule in the nation.

Yes...I have to admit the Hokies suprised me this year with how well they did...

But i dont think they will be enough to beat Auburn who in my opnion should be playing for the National Championship right now(AND THIS COMING FROM A TENNESSEE FAN!! shocked.gif) ...but thats the way it goes i guess...

Might as well throw my two cents in. I think it should be Auburn vs: USC for the Nation Champ., but also id like to see the Auburn VT game being a hokie fan soo o well. Thats the way it goes, for the playoff thing, id love to see it so college football would be evryweekend till the big one but it will never happen cause they arent smart enuff to see hwo simple that crap is..o well.GO HOKIES!!!

Auburn will probably be favored by about 10 points. And UA fans should looks at this way...They can use their performance against VT to gauge how they might perform against USC, since VT opened against them.

I figured they would be up by more than that, o well hopefully tech can pull the upset grin.gif, they've done it so far ha, upset UVA, upset Miami, and upset the stomaches of the media and ESPN analysis that picked tech 6th in the ACC wink.gif!!

I know i will probally get pounded for this but you could pick any two of the three teams and have a deserving National Championship game.

USC plays in a terrible conference and should have got beat by a below average Stanford team and Oregon State played them very close and UCLA had a chance at the end to win it.

So i wouldn't say that USC is a shoe in.

I think its just u grin.gif. Ha really i dont know they've got alot of emotion going into this game trying to make a statement for not going to the National Championship game. But tech is also playing on a big heart, they almost beat #1 USC week 1, and now the get the chance to knock off #3, i think the can prevail and win the game. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It is just me or does anybody feel that VT is going to get killed by auburn?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were going to get killed by USC and didn't. They were going to get killed by WVU and won. They were going to get killed by Virginia and won. They were going to get killed by Miami and won. Everyone keeps saying wait until the game b/c VT will get exposed. Twelve games later on December 6th I'm still waiting for VT to get exposed and along the way they've exposed some other teams...

If Tech doesn't get that bad PI call against USC they likely go up 17-7. Instead, being the young team that they are, they were deflated by that call and never recovered. USC went on to outscore them 17-3 the rest of the way.

I didn't see the Auburn/Tennessee game but from the sound of it Auburn is very beatable. Tech is on fire right now and Brian Stinespring has proven he can come up with a great game plan when he has a few weeks to do it. I think Tech beats Auburn...and i think some in the media will as well.

This reminds me of the 1995 Sugar Bowl against Texas. An elite team that felt they got shafted, having to play lowly Virginia Tech. They had a star RB in Ricky Williams.

Well, Texas got handed their hats, 28-10. Not saying that it'll happen this year, but anything is possible.

Regarding the BCS, I agree that it's flawed. We have more than two undefeated teams this year, and only two can meet in the "title game". I think a playoff is needed, but I think the odds of it happening (due to the powerful bowl system) is almost zilch.

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully Auburn will come ready to punch out those stupid Hokies who sleep walked through the worst overall ACC performance I've ever see

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew there was more wrong with you than just being anti-Beaver. You're anti-Hokie too.

The last couple weekends really had to stink for you. grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully Auburn will come ready to punch out those stupid Hokies who sleep walked through the worst overall ACC performance I've ever see

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew there was more wrong with you than just being anti-Beaver. You're anti-Hokie too.

The last couple weekends really had to stink for you. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine having to read the BDT on Saturday and Sunday morning this past weekend. The headline on Saturday: STATE CHAMPIONS. The headline on Sunday: ACC CHAMPIONS. You know that got some blood boiling throughout the BDT coverage area...lol

Auburn should be in the national championship game but they should be playing Oklahoma instead of USC. USC has struggled this year and I think the BCS morons are making up for the mistake they made with them last year. USC should have been in the national championship last year, not this year.

And dont go dissing on the Hokies. When Miami and FSU both lose 2 or more conference games, then that is a good conference top to bottom. I can't help the fact that your team is sitting at home instead of playing in the BCS but that doesn't give you the right to tarnish a great season by the Hokies.

I think Auburn is the best team in College football

And they should play Oklahoma in the National Championship

I really wish they would come up with a playoff for college football because it wouldn't leave us with 5 undefeated teams, 4 of them in BCS games