WHO WON THE HURLEY AND GRUNDY GAME?

rebel90

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

U cant blame the coaches for a lack of work ethic and talent. Hurley man handled Grundy at every aspect of the game so talk to the players instead of the coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't talk to me about that...Grundy has good talent..period..i know this for a fact...i played against the boys...i wouldn't consider me or any of the guys that played with me against them...slouches...

this team is being utilized wrong..period...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since u played against them and u all are not slouches maybe u all arent as good as u thing u are the problem with grundy for years .

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...we were horrible..played on 3 of grundy's top teams ever...but yep absolutely horrid...

i know more basketball than you will ever know...

Grundy is being utilized completely wrong..im not making excuses for their loss...shooting that % is inexcusable..but so is how this team is being used

well I'm happy that you are..but u must not know the game as well as you think you do..to see that this Grundy team is being utilized completely wrong!..thats all i'm getting at here brother...this team is not suited to play the game stretch wants to play with them

[ QUOTE ]

Why dont u coach them so hurely can beat u

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I'm busy at the moment...obtaining a college education...I'd love to have the opportunity to coach in the future....just tell me...can you honestly say that this Wave team is being used to the best of its abilities?

[ QUOTE ]

When was it that u were 3 time state player and district player of the year 3 times and won a state championship.

Before u talk u better think i am one of the greatest players in VA history.

Look in the record book

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious, who did you play for when you accomplished this? What years did you play? Thanks

From info i heard it was an ugly loss for Grundy also.. Alittle advice.. Get your heads up, quite blaming.. and get to work, or its going to be a really long season..

Hey, you play the BDD schools to get you prepared for your district. right? Well, look at it as a vehicle to improvement. In your case also a lesson in humility! Now, its character time.. Coaching might be a slight thing.. but its not all of it! The realization of not being as good as you think you are, can be a staggering thing to some. It also motivates the lesser to become better.

For shooters thats shooting that bad, go with the bench. Nothing should be just given. The bench kids will bust their butt and the so called "stars" might be awakened.

The balls in your court and the sports fans are watching!

[ QUOTE ]

When was it that u were 3 time state player and district player of the year 3 times and won a state championship.

Look in the record book

[/ QUOTE ]

man...tell us how you really feel.

shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Look in the record book

[/ QUOTE ]

man...tell us how you really feel.

shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha there haven't been too many of those type of players come outta SWVA and Im sure he's not gonna reveal himself

Curtain, you can have your opinions about the game and I understand that but dont question our work ethic. You only "know" 3 players on our team. You dont know how they work, you probably have never met me and surely dont know about any of my habits so dont question it.

I gave Hurley credit. They played well and shot extremely well. We didnt and that translates into a loss. I agree with Derrick that we need to run. We need to press the entire game and we need to get the break going. As far as any comments on coaching, Myself, Theo, Derrick, and maybe Bigwave98 (dont know who you are to know if you played ball or not)? have any first hand knowledge to talk about that. We have been in the system and have performed in the system and bystanders are trying to tell us that we are wrong?

The move at the end of the game was a horrible move. There wasnt 3 mins left. There was over 4:30 left to go. Non district games are supposed to get us ready for district games. Its good to know i guess that if we are ever in that situation during the district that we are going to give up with over 4:30 to go. No use to even play the 4th in that case I guess, right?

You can't have a discusson with that kid Tigh..he has no clue...all he knows how to say is

"Hurley won...Grundy lost"

he can't discuss the game...he doesn't know anything about Grundy's team to make an assessment of how this team needs to be ran...only thing he knows is...hey 3 hurley boys decided to go to Grundy...

You guys will be alright...I'm gonna talk to Stretch when i get in..I'm gonna try to suggest a few things to him...it's time to take the reigns off you guys.....

Freakin play 2..otherwise known as basic motion and screen away...which has been ran by Grundy for years...works when your whole starting lineup is over 6'2 like Stretch could use in years past...but with this team..it is not gonna work..Ashby hasn't developed enough of an offensive arsenal yet...he's still young and that will come around...and Stephen is much more suited for the mid range game...so strap them up next game..and you tell Stretch..that you want to press and press full court...alll game long..he'll listen to you

just keep pounding it in that noggin of his..he'll get the damn point eventually..tell him you guys need to have that [censored] perfected by the time district rolls around...

I figured u may had mentioned it to him...it just ticks me off

Tonight was a much better effort all around. We trapped out of everything and got some fast break points early and that helped our offense. 69-32 was the final I think tonight over Ervinton. Everybody got time tonight. Just further proves the fact that we need to trap and press all night to get things rolling the way they should.

well thats what I like to hear....69 on Ervinton..still sounds like you guys haven't gotten your guys stroke really rollin yet...

that'll come with time in the gym...takes longer than 2 weeks to adjust from the field to the gym...

just good to hear that you guys got things started with your defense tonight

Why are you always trying to start [censored]? Why not post like a mature adult instead of a little riverview kid, unless you are one... I dont know who you are and I really dont care... just stop posting ignorance.