WHO WON THE HURLEY AND GRUNDY GAME?

rebel90

[ QUOTE ]

Hurley won 58-34.

Hurley shot the ball real well tonight and played great defense. Guess that was a great win for the boys who went to school with theo, stephan and heath.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif

15-55 tonight. Thats a major problem. Only thing working defensivley was our half court trap and we took it off after the 1st and didnt get back in it until almost the end of the 3rd.

We were winning at halftime. An 8-0 run helped put them up and they shot well the rest of the way out. Even with the 2nd half runs by Hurley we managed to save 4 timeouts to take home with us (derrick you know all about that). We arent getting much production in the paint and thats letting teams pack it in a zone and cram the paint. Theo and I arent shooting very well at all right now, nor is our team as a whole. Gotta be able to find what works and stick with it.

Oh yea, down 14 (maybe 15) with just under 5 mins to go in the 4th Stephen, myself, Theo, and Jimmy are taken out for the rest of the game. Thats how the lead got as inflated as it did.

Sorry my friend, you remember INcorrectly. When we sat down on the bench the lead was either 14 or 16. Im thinking 16 but I will watch the film and hopefully be able to see to double check myself. You guys played well though. Shot extremely well. I just think we needed to keep trapping all night. That was giving Hurley the most problems in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

15-55 tonight. Thats a major problem. Only thing working defensivley was our half court trap and we took it off after the 1st and didnt get back in it until almost the end of the 3rd.

We were winning at halftime. An 8-0 run helped put them up and they shot well the rest of the way out. Even with the 2nd half runs by Hurley we managed to save 4 timeouts to take home with us (derrick you know all about that). We arent getting much production in the paint and thats letting teams pack it in a zone and cram the paint. Theo and I arent shooting very well at all right now, nor is our team as a whole. Gotta be able to find what works and stick with it.

Oh yea, down 14 (maybe 15) with just under 5 mins to go in the 4th Stephen, myself, Theo, and Jimmy are taken out for the rest of the game. Thats how the lead got as inflated as it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's two horrid shooting nights in a row..if i got the deal right on the Council game....damn boys..

I do know about the timeouts...nothing you can do about it...you guys gotta push through that..gosh..I wish i could come there and coach you guys....full court press...you guys would be running up and down the floor all game long...when you don't have size...you have to rely on speed and pressure..something you guys do have.....

you and theo...just put in some extra time...before/after practice..get those shots back in gear...slow starts are nothing new for Grundy teams...i would know that as well...

don't let coaching get you down Tigh...you can't do it...

well my opinion we need to bring some coaches in that actually know whats going on, Grundy has had enuff talent in the past years to win alot of games, i just think its the coaches that are holding alot of the talent back.

[ QUOTE ]

and here we go again with "the backyard Braw"

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just me or are you trying to start something with Hurley? And if I remember correctly, you aren't even a student at GHS yet. I have a recommendation for all you Riverview kids. Stop getting on here and posting stupid crap, we had to listen to it from you kids all Richlands week, and all Graham week too. It's great to see that you have school spirit, but there is a difference between that and starting a war of words. And don't try to say that you didnt mean it that way, because you know someone will take that offensive.

All i can say is how bout them rebels. It looked like a high school team playin a little league team. Grundy is over rated and will be lucky to win another game. IT looked to me like a lack of talent from the grundy team on tues. night. Grundy will never live this one down and there is nothin they can do about it. And for the rebels they played hard and just kept fighting but after the third quarter it was a blow out so it relly didnt matter after three quarters. Good luck to the rebels for the rest of the year and for Grundy when teh services.

Hurley 58

Grundy 34

Wow!!! Whos ur daddy

[ QUOTE ]

well my opinion we need to bring some coaches in that actually know whats going on, Grundy has had enuff talent in the past years to win alot of games, i just think its the coaches that are holding alot of the talent back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grundy still has put successful teams on the floor with this coaching...they just gotta work through it...Grundy has a tendency to start slow...don't know about this slow...15-55 and the Council game we're both pretty rough...Grundy has to get out in the open court and run...FASTBREAK POINTS..

14 to 16 points with 3:00 to go it was over man just take ur beating and quit blaming everyone else. It isnt the coaches or nothin else its that u all arent as good as u all think. If the people that were from Hurley went to Grundy for basketball wake up and see, the rebels are better than grundy. Should have stayed home. lol

Hurley 58

Grundy 34

Wow!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

14 to 16 points with 3:00 to go it was over man just take ur beating and quit blaming everyone else. It isnt the coaches or nothin else its that u all arent as good as u all think. If the people that were from Hurley went to Grundy for basketball wake up and see, the rebels are better than grundy. Should have stayed home. lol

Hurley 58

Grundy 34

Wow!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

14 points with 3 minutes left is not that large of a defecit...a couple of 3's and you're right back in it...still with time to foul and send Hurley to the line...that was an absolutely horrid coaching move..and I love coach mounts to death as a person..but that is a horrible...horrible coaching move.

[ QUOTE ]

With the way Grundy was shooting there was no chance for them to come back. As for Coach Mounts i guess he saw an opportunity to get new talent in teh game because his old talent wasnt producing

[/ QUOTE ]

A cold shooting night..can change very quickly...you don't take out your top 4 guns..with 3 minutes left in a 15 point game..things happen..you press a young/inexpreienced team such as Hurley..they may have fallen apart...

I don't understand his gameplan..Stretch grew accustomed to having all of us that were 6'4 and 6'5..etc...

With this team..you have to get them in shape...get them ready to run the whole game...full speed..full court man..or a 1-2-1-1 trapping defense the whole time...make the game a full court, up and down style...thats how grundy is going to win..they don't have the interior presence needed to establish a solid half court offense...Stephen helps...but stephen is athletic enough to where he can play a full court game..

Until grundy changes their game plan...they're going to be seeing a few l's in the column...

this makes me mad thinking about how this team is being utilized...absolute infuriates me

i didnt make this clear my mistake, i mento to post the whole "grundy vs hurley thing" in swva basketball, because me saying "i miss the back yard braw" means i miss the basketball games between hurley and grundy or hurley and vansant to be honest either way, i was wondering why we dropped them in all sports and i ment for the whole thing to be on Basketball not football.. because we havent played them in basketball in a few years is referring to here we go again witth the back yard braw i correct my self

[ QUOTE ]

U cant blame the coaches for a lack of work ethic and talent. Hurley man handled Grundy at every aspect of the game so talk to the players instead of the coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't talk to me about that...Grundy has good talent..period..i know this for a fact...i played against the boys...i wouldn't consider me or any of the guys that played with me slouches...

this team is being utilized wrong..period...