Richlands Basketball

Blue5Ramblin

I have changed my mind on Richlands winning the SWD. I thought they were good, but after watching them i hate to say they will have a rough season. #14 kills them the way he tries to be the star the entire time, when clearly you can see that hes not. The only bright spot is the freshman.

well they do need to keep working and i cant figure how you think 14 thinks he's the star. but thats not a problem critics make you play better.theydo need to use the big guys more and run some but they have to do what the coach tells them. ans that all i will say about that. and i am not going to down 12 he is a good play and is a good shooter. and at hurley had a great game but not so good tue. night but rhs will be there when it really matters a tough week ahead with 5 games in seven days tough for anyone.

I think one of the problems for us is we keep is outside too much, they need to cram it to the middle at least once or twice hell neone can do wat we did last nite we got a 6'4 in Brandon Robinson and he didnt get that ball hardly at all in the paint. But im not an expert on basketball so ill just leave it at that.

i think we need to speed up the tempo of the game a bit. With the depth we have i think we could run a lot of teams down if we utilize the fast break more. But what the hell do i know we still use peach baskets down here in raven!

Richlands has potential to be a better basketball team than they showed last night against haysi. Besides haysi, is a really good team,undefeated beating opponents by average of probably 30 points. Lost last year both times to them by 20 or more and they returned all thier players. The team has only had three or four practices together, five of them played football. They have not got their legs under them. They will start hitting their shots. One thing wrong is the offense that we run. we will never score over 50 points this year unless we try something different. Coach Rife is satisfied with not losing bad. He tries for some odd reason to keep it a 40-30 game. Last night we had the ball for nearly 3 minutes at the top of the key. One of them shot it and he jumped all over them. It has been the same thing for the last three years that i have been watching. No inside game at all. They have the players inside but are unable to get it to them because of the offense they run. Coach Rife has never used his big men the years I have been watching. Do not plan on it this year either. We will have to rely on the three unless he comes up with something else. Hopefully they will start to fall. An offense that never sets screens at all. Might not have the best players but coaching is not helping either. Just my opinion. #12 lit it up at Hurley, great pure shooter, hit first one but then could not hit nothing against haysi as well as the rest of the team. Just a bad night against a good team. As for #14, ridicoulus comment about being a star. No one on this team considers themselves a star. He is just doing what is has been asked to do, trying to lead a team with no true leader. Playing point is something he has never done. he is also filling the shoes of a good floor leader in timmy brown. Alot expected of him. He will come around, a really good player trying to make things happen, as well as the rest of the team. Last night was just a bad night for him and the rest of the team. Coach Rife expects 15 points or more from him a night. Do not count us out yet,just because of one game that you went to. We beat a hurley team, in which we played three bad quarters by 11 points, and Hurley beat Grundy last night by 24 points. What a fan you are. Just stay home if you are going to make comments like that after 2 games into the season. Just be patient and optimistic man.

#14 has horrible shot selections, like pulling up with 3 people on him, or trying to throw a shot up over his head. Not smart. Instead of kicking it up the floor he tries to do it himself. And for the past 5 years Richlands has never averaged 30 points a game. They have lost alot but the score was at least 80-60. I am a loyal fan and i have been for a long time. Just showing the fact that i saw in the first two games.

we i agree wiuth the kick out part. but when the offence thats being run it does not take the ball to the goal much. no picks are being set by anyone nor are the big guys able to post up by having to come to the top of the key. and the coach has clearly said to keep it slow. not to push the ball. not knocking coach rife things may come together. plus the deffence has to come together also haysi had to many open looks. a few were not doing the things they should have but in time things will come together.

by looking at the schedule it's going to be tough. only get 1 practice in between now and next fri. and have 6 game not good for anyteam.