Randy Johnson Traded to Yankees

rhsfan88

Wait just a minute, read up on the trade proposals today and this trade was NOT succesful, LA decided not to do it therefore prospects couldnt be sent out and therefore not trade. LA is lookin at J.D. Drew to replace Green and dont want what the Yankees are givin. For more on the story go to www.espn.go.com

You gotta think sumone thats pretty decent or well known at least. I have to say the Braves arent giving away there past season team like they have done for the last 4 seasons, they are actually stickin w/most the guys they had last year.

I am a Red Sox fan, and before anyone shouts bandwagon Blues 56 can tell you I am certainly not one.... heck i even had Boston Red Sox on my 2004 yearbook(which i finally gotten from RHS.) Yankees will not getR.J. from this trade... but he will go. I personally wont think he will be as good for one main thing: the DH. you get about 3 strikouts per game bc of the pitchers, so it will be harder for him to strike AS many guys... he will still be up there. Now that Beltran might be going, the Yankees might beat the wins record for one season. the red sox are doing good this offseason, adding wells clement miller and renteria. all they lost was pedro, derek lowe and cabrera( not to mention gabe kapler to a japenese team.) pedro's contract offer for the 3 years is $500,000 less than the contracts of wells, clement, miller, mantei, and halama. i think we should also trade kevin millar, because i think he is at his highest price right now, and we need young blood on the staff. it will either be him or doug m, and id rather go with defense b/c of the rest of the teams batting ability. i also believe even though we got renteria for 4 years, we will trade him in two, bc of hanley ramirez. the biggest acquisition was wells, b/c of him being a lefty and barely walking anyone, and he is my pick for the biggest impact. also its a good thing we signed varitek! i think we will win the wild card but lose in the ALCS. thats my thoughts

I agree, if Randy Johnson wants to go to NYC, and if the Yankees want him, it will happen. I'd agree about the K's to if I hadn't already seen Nolan ryan return to the AL in the latter part of his career and dominate. As long as "The Unit" keeps throwing hard he'll do well.

My little brother has been a die hard Sox fan since 98 or somewhere around there. Getting rid of Nomar and Pedro was the best thing that they could have done, but I don't agree with getting Wells. He might give them 1 or 2 good years tops. I truly don't believe Schilling has 5 good ones left. They have both been pitching since the 80's haven't they? but they are both battle tested, and will be tough to match in the post season. What is the severity of Schilling's ankle injury?

Yeah, usally baseball players get 15-20 good years. I would say that Wells is about done, should be good for this year and maybe next. The Sox should focus on getting some good younger pitchers in there. They have Arryo or whatever his name is still don't they?

Schilling might have 5 good years left actually. He's 38 now but he had 203 K's and only 35 BB's in 226 innings last year. Unless injuries slow him down, he can probably be a decent pitcher for another 5 years. The power pitchers tend to last as long as they continue to throw hard. Look at Maddux, Glavine and Smoltz who are all about Schilling's age. Maddux and Glavine, who aren't power pitchers have dropped off quite a bit in recent years, while Smoltz has been dominating. Of course Smoltz has been a closer for 3+ years. Have to wait and see how he does as a starter again.

That ankle might slow him down a little bit. That is his lead ankle afterall, the one that pivots the most. Yeah, Maddox has dropped off and I haven't really paid much attention to Glavine lately. Do you think Smoltzie is ready to go back into the lineup? The first Braves game I went to was the Negro League game where they wore the throwbacks and all. Smoltz beat the Phillies in that one.

I hope Wells can give us two good years, that's how long his contract is. Nomar was a bad influence on the team overall, but I disagree about Pedro. I remember at the beginning of the season he was looking for a 3 year deal, but they wouldn't give it to him than. He did good this year, so it kinda blew back in Boston's face. He will not be the same pitcher, considering he has to bat and he doesn't get all the priviliges. We have Schilling for 3 more years, I just hope he does good those years. Also I have been a diehard( deeply and truly) since 1999 when Hideo Nomo threw his no-hitter at Camden Yards. Thats the fist game I remember seeing of them, and I have been hooked since. At least I think it was 99 or 98? Lol. The team I look foward to is the Mariners. With Ichiro, Boone, Sexson, and Beltre thats a very good 1-4