Randy Johnson Traded to Yankees

rhsfan88

As much as I hate to say it but the Yankees got their man again.

Randy Johnson has been traded from the D-Backs to the Yanks in a 3 team deal. Johnson went to NY while Javier Vasquez went from NY to LA with a couple of other prosepects. While Shawn Green, Brad Penny and prospects went to Arizona.

I guess the BOSS couldn't stand to see Boston win a championship and he is going to do everything to keep it from happening again.

Yeah same here. Just a complete die-hard Braves fan but they finally got another big name player today. They got Tim Hudson from the A's in a trade and the other day they got the Brewers all-star closer in a trade so they could move Smoltz back to the starting rotation.

Pitchers are good

but we need a big hitter for the braves, sheffield was my favorite in the past years. The jones boy's have been there so long nobody really notices there hr's , rbi's or anythnig else...

Barry Bonds, Sosa, Johnny Damon.......those would be great if the braves picked any of them up

John Schuerholz has something cooking in the way of a hitter or two. They traded both Eli Marrero and Charles Thomas yesterday and that leaves them with nobody to play left or right. Schuerholtz wouldn't have traded those guys without something in the works to replace them.

I'm glad they picked up a good starter like Hudson but they gave up a pitching prospect who's just about ready. Hudson's contract is up at the end of 2005 and AOL-Time Warner won't spend the money to keep him. He's from GA and that should help, but so is JD Drew and it didn't help keep him. The days of keeping a great team together have been replaced by putting a different team on the field every year, and I hate that.

MLB needs a salary cap in the worst kind of way b/c each year you know the Yankees are going to sign the biggest name free-agents. What fun is that for the fans of the other teams in MLB? It's horse crap if you ask me and the main reason my interest in MLB gets less each year. There's no loyalty in baseball anymore and every year, if you aren't the Yankees, your roster has major turnover; it's like high school or college with graduating seniors.

Another BTW: JD Drew is a prick. The Braves wanted him when no one else did, they traded some nice players for him and gave the guy a chance to turnover his career. How does he re-pay them? He demands an outragous salary and gives the Braves a big "up yours."

Yeah Bud Selig needs to leave as commissioner b/c nothing is going right. Washington's baseball team is about to be dismantled. They cant even do anythign until Jan. 1. And no one can compete in the offseason except for the Yankees. And I'm so sick and tired of always hearing about the Yankees and their over priced bunch of babies.

I think Fay Vincent would have been a great commissioner. He was willing to do what was necessary "For the good of the game" but the owners didn't think that was necessarily good for them. Now we have a former owner as commissioner and the game is crumbling beneath his feet.

[ QUOTE ]

I cant beleive they got ride of carl thomas

he was pretty good at left in my opinion

We may have a good pitching staff this year

but what happened to the golden years when we had Millwood,smoltz,glavine,..etc???

[/ QUOTE ]

They made an offer to Millwood before they made the Hudson trade but he didn't return their call before the deadline. He wanted to come back in the hopes that Leo Mazzone could get him back to pitching the way he did prior to last year but apparently he let his agent (Scott Boras shocked.gif) talk him out of it. They wanted to resign Paul Byrd too, and he lives in Atlanta, and wanted to stay but I guess spending the year at home with the wife and kids isn't as important as a few extra dollars.

As for Glavine and Maddux...Glavine would still be there if they had offered him a 4 year deal instead of three. Maddux wanted to stay but the Braves didn't make an offer because they knew they couldn't afford him.

The rumors being reported are that the Braves will try to get Sosa. In a poll conducted by an Atlanta radio station 59% said NO and 41% said YES. Count me amongst the 41%.

Rocker went out of his way to insult nearly everyone on earth...but Sosa is a guy who just doesn't mix well with his teammates. His ego is too big. Kind of like last year at Virginia Tech when a few "me first" types brought down the whole team. This year's team doesn't have any first round draft picks but they do have better chemistry.

I think Atlanta should try for Carlos Beltrain(that is if hes still on the market or if he ever was all i know he was up for free agency at the end of the Astros season) cause he is a great hitter which was publicised in the playoffs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This year's team doesn't have any first round draft picks but they do have better chemistry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many NFL people believe Jimmy Williams would be a first round pick if he came out early, which I believe he will...

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope he stays but you're probably right.

OK guys, just for the record I'm a longtime Yankees fan. I would much rather have seen Tim Hudson in pinstripes than Randy Johnson. Who knows how much longer Johnson can go at his age (41 I think)? Atlanta got Hudson for next to nothing. I believe baseball needs a salary cap badly, not just because the Yankees have more money but because the overinflated salaries are a joke! Utility players barely hitting their weight are multi millionaires. Oh yeah, and just because you can have the highest payroll doesn't necessarily guarantee a championship. How about the Diamondbacks and Red Sox beating the Yankees in the World Series. mad.gif