NHL Lockout

BigBlue02

yeah its over for this year I'd say...owners are going to try to break the union...they offered up a 24% salary roll back for this year just to get things going and the owners flat out refused it...they could have taken that and played this year and continued to negotiate in the off season if they wanted to...that told me the owners don't want to play this year and are looking to break the players union...they will come back next year with replacement players and once the stars start crossing the lines (and they will) it will all but be over...these guys dont have the leverage that NBA, NFL, and MLB players have because Hockey is still a new market in most of the USA...over the past 10 years or so they have put a ton of minor league hockey teams all over the USA in smaller cities to help get people educated on hockey..it's worked...so now the owners have to try to break the union to keep the salary figures in line before they get to much farther...this has all been a calculated plan for over 10 years...don't think anything different...these people are not dumb and it's not anything other than part of the master plan.

my .02

Yeh, I don't think it'll happen this year. Getting kinda depressed too! I didn't realize how much hockey I actually watch on TV until the other night when I kept flipping channels and couldn't find anything but basketball to watch...have I mentioned I am not a big basketball fan, especially the NBA??? Beer consumption so far this winter is down as well for me. It was very common for me to sit down to a hockey game and toss back a beer or six. Fortunately, I've noticed that FoxSports P'burgh has been showing some "classic" hockey games...that has helped but its not like getting the real thing... frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have been playing ESPN 2k5 this year...I like it better than Madden...you guys tried it? only $19 to... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad this is the last year for it...EA Sports now has exclusive rights with the NFL...Madden will be the one and only for several years to come...

I've been looking at buying an NFL game for my PS2, which would you guys recommend? I saw that Madden's price has dropped to $29.99, while NFL2K5 is $19.99. Is the quality of Madden worth the $10 dollar difference or is NFL2K5 nearly equal? I like something realistic, both in gameplay and in the extra features outside the gameplay. I enjoy the extra features of a game quite a bit, such as NCAA 2005 has...

[ QUOTE ]

And for $29...its a steal!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was thinking. Honestly though, I've not been a big fan of the Madden gameplay since the 2001 version. In fact, I haven't bought an NFL game since the 2001 Madden version. I still believe that might be the best, complete package of a video game ever.

[ QUOTE ]

I like the Madden game...you can do a lot besides "play games" with it. And for $29...its a steal!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN 2k5 basically has the same features Madden has, from what I can tell..plus they have this cool Top 25 play scenerio thing of what they call the top 25 plays of all time...so you can be the Steelers and try to score the "immaculate reception" or Dallas and Green Bay in the Ice Bowl...stuff like that...it's pretty cool...the immaculate reception is almost impossible to pull off...it's not easy situation management at all...which I think is cool...lol.

Most people who have played both say that 2k5 beat Madden this year...I'm a big fan of both...I never really cared for the Sega/ESPN NFL series before this year, but the 2k5 stuff was awesome...for $19 I'd go with it first and see if you like it. If you have a PS2 then Madden might be cool if you grab the limited edition...they didn't do one for Xbox, kinda pissed me off.

The ESPN 2k5 is the steal in my opinion. I got tired of Madden every year....needed something different. I think it's a better game as well......it's about time that someone came along to knock Madden off the top of football gaming.