Who was the best coach ever in Hurley u pick.

anthonyk

I'll have to go with Smiley hands down...if you know the story, he's a real character. A couple of the guys (they are local still somewhat) went on to write books that had stuff about him in it...all of what I read was really interesting...they gave him a lot of credit for inspiration beyond football...for a coach, what more could you ask for.

Smiley Ratliff, Was a great coach and a great man nothing more you could ask for.

Johnson, was great coach and a REDNECK lol the kind of guy u get from the head of a holler somewere lol but from what i have heard he was a great coach ..

Tommy Blankenship , was a good coach to..

Hurley has had some good coach's its hard to pick just one of them and even if you do they are gonna be somebody to tell you that your wrong lol but that my thougth

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Smiley coached the Rebs to a co-state championship in the 1950 seasson and two district titles in 1953-54.... Mark cooper coached befor Hall coached this time around and befor Cooper it was Hall again and befor that it was Mark Hackney.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

And Tommy Blankenship coached the great 1982 team at Hurley. And johnson was an assitant to Coach Blankinsip all those great 1980 seasons...I've been told that Johnson was the meanest badest SOB around, but he was good they say and I do know this is a fact though they are a hill behind the school that goes about 300ft straight up a mountain that has a path cut out ... I heard that he got up early one mourning befor practice and cut the hill out so they named the hill Mount Johnson..

Coach Johnson's name was Jeff. I think the best line coach there ever was and maybe the best coach ever on the sidelines at Hurley was John Serian (85-88). He was a graduate of a small college in WV and was drafted by the pros,Cleveland I believe, before a career-ending injury forced him to retire.