SWD Records!!

babyblue

I haven't seen Tom Rife shoot the ball this year,and how is his dribble.He maybe out of shape i,ve not seen him running lately.Do they allow the coach to play the game at RHS?I always thought the kids played the game,i must be getting old and don't know anything about the game,so i will be going to the games to see what i've been missing,if tom is 0-3 something is wrong with him, he can play better than that.After all look at his W-L record. (Smile sports fan)Gloom and Doom is calling. smile.gif

You wouldnt believe but look who is at the top of that list TAZEWELL BULLDOGS now that is a sight to see. We ecided we was gonna turn this b-ball program around this year and win the SWD and we are on track!

----------------

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

Now I understand the thoughts in Richlands cause Tazewell has been through it and the players are deciding to turn it around down here. The coach has a lil to do with it in play calls but the players have to execute the plays and shots. The coach cant shoot it for them and he cant make the lay-ups for them either.

Tazewell had the same thing but we are starting to pull out of the mud and get going.

----------

Smell ya lata... wink.gif

well richlands has been bad for a while and these same players havent been here the whole time if u have a double A school with a pretty good athletic following and go through the stretch we have with bad basketball in the past 10 years u kinda have to blame the coach.

Tazewell County Public School Board Office,just tell them you know more about basketball than Coach Rife and that you want a contract,thats all there is to it.You might want to be ready just in case they want you to shoot a foul shot.Or maybe a three point shot.That maybe all you have to do to get the job.Good Luck Sports Fan.

well juice u know and i know that there were at least 4 or 5 great athletes standing on the front row of the raiders and the reason they dont play is the same reason other great athletes havent played in past years its rife nobody can get along with him therefore nobody plays for him

I truely dont hate you or any other person mentioned, I once played for a coach that I couldn't stand either but I loved the sport and played anyway. I think you all did an excellent job in football, we are looking for an exceptional baseball team as well. I am just saying that if you want to do something then dont let anything or anyone stand in your way!!! I hope that everyone of you get to play in college (we all know how expensive it is now a days)

True, True... I know that for a fact. Now u can even ask some of the guys Tatum, Cain, and J.Keene that I even questioned them and told them to play this year. I wanted the SWD to be great and I wanted to play the best. Dont blame them and better to work on another sport u can take to another level. smirk.gif

That is what true atheletes do juice dog!! They over come obstacles: not look for excuses. If you like the sport or even to compete then you learn to overcome the things you dislike. Life is not a bed of roses, but it has challanges each and everyday. Too many kids look for an excuse instead of trying to fight through adversity. Tom is one of the winningest coaches in Richlands history like it or not. If you are an athelete then compete if you are a cheerleader then cheer. Don't use the coach as an escape goat.

Well Raven was the only one saying anything about not playing b/c of a coach. Thad, Tater, Cain and I all play a sport in the spring and all want to continue to play football at the next level. So sometimes you have to make a sacrifice so you can do something else. Thats what we are doing. We are lifting weights and getting ready for baseball and football next season. I would play for Rife any day of the week. I dont think we would call our self the Rife's Raiders if we completely hated the man. I think is i wanted i could play on the team and have alot of minutes, might even start. I love to play basketball but i also love football and baseball so sometimes you have to make decsions and give something up to make your self better at a sport that could get you though college.

So dont be hating on me there Blues88.

well after read all of this. i have to say. land rider is not exactly right coach rife may have been a grat coach and could still be, but there is something he is missing. i have watched his teams for the last 8 years or so and everything is the same has never made any real chages is his off. or deff. sceams

high school coaching is different tha college a college coach recruits plays to fit his or her style of coaching, but a high school coach has to be will to change there style of coaching to fit the players. i have yet to see coach rife make that change. not that he would be bad to play for seems to treat the kids right. but needs adapt to his player. high school take what you are delt and use what you got how you need to. i hope i am not offending anyone i personaly like coach rife but thing are what they are.

Its hard for me to understand why we cut on any coach at this level.Are they not the same people we have employed to teach our children in the class room?How can they teach if we keep putting them down,the kids won't show them respect because they are being told how bad they are as a coach, so therefore it has to be in the class rooms to.If the coach or teacher doesn't do their job,the administration should do theirs.Its time we get behind our teachers and coaches,it could be the difference between learning and not learning. Winning or losing. A (winner)will work till he falls to the ground,a loser will lay on the ground and find ways not to work. A winner says lets do it. A loser says i would but- but- but-but.

Rife is a 10th grade P.E. teacher. He doesn't do his job in the classroom, either. The only reason that he still has a job is that in the past, when his coaching schemes worked with his players, they gave him the title of athletic director. If he didn't have that under his name he would probably be dropped like a ton of bricks. And you're right he doesn't get respect in the classroom, but that's not because of the way the community talks about him, it's because he's Coach Rife.

Sounds like you are in his 10th grade class,if so maybe its time for you as a student to speak your concerns to the administration,or better yet make plans to go to one of the school board meetings let them hear what you have to say.The class room is more important than any sports program,or you could ask for a transfer out of his class.And by the way he is not the only teacher or coach that our community complains about,if you are interested in hearing some of these complaints,just attend some of the school board meetings.Or just ask the principal to let you stay in his or her office one day just to listen to the complaints it could be very educational.And thanks for your reply,i'm glad you took the time to let people know whats going on in the class room,After all Tazewell Co. stands for (Its All About The Kids)and education first.