tbgfan

Thad Wells Heading to Tarheel State?

29 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ryan4VT said:

It was awesome meeting you, too! You heading up today for the game?

I wish I could. At the moment, I’m cleaning up breakfast from seven 13 year olds. I believe this is gonna take a while. 

Just now, sixcat said:

I wish I could. At the moment, I’m cleaning up breakfast from seven 13 year olds. I believe this is gonna take a while. 

Woah....may the force be with you. 

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:46 AM, Ryan4VT said:

Bruins hired Eddie Sloss as the new coach. For those who don't know, he was Carroll County's coach. 

He stepped down in December to "spend more time with family." Guess he changed his mind. Not sure I like that hire for the Bruins. 

Also Sloss was a former Indian player who started both ways on  the 89 state championship team .  Also has spent time in B-burg, C-burg, and Auburn as an asst coach. Blacksburg kid, Blacksburg job as it should be. As for the record at Carroll , they had no business playing a River Ridge schedule , the 3 Rivers is no slouch but  they will do better there. 

2 hours ago, 1bburgfan said:

Also Sloss was a former Indian player who started both ways on  the 89 state championship team .  Also has spent time in B-burg, C-burg, and Auburn as an asst coach. Blacksburg kid, Blacksburg job as it should be. As for the record at Carroll , they had no business playing a River Ridge schedule , the 3 Rivers is no slouch but  they will do better there. 

Mike Scharnus took Carroll to the playoffs 3 times in his 4 years at Carroll while a member of the old New River District that was made up of many current River Ridge programs. Dave Haynie was successful at Carroll as a member of the Southwest District. 

As long as current leadership in Carroll teaches inferiority, that’s exactly what they will be. It’s a school of 1,200 students playing in a District with the second largest school being half that size. 

Good luck with that “Blacksburg kid, Blacksburg job” ideal!