A. Marcum

Guest BB_TWEEDER

[ QUOTE ]

Well Travis,Cain, Jesse and I all took a trip down to Morehead St. to visit. I loved it down there. Also Ferrum and a couple other D-2 schools.

[/ QUOTE ] Hmm Ferrum thats there Dustin Hamoy is and where EW would be. WHy not go play with your brother At Emory?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On average, hand timing is .15 to .20 off of electronic times...meaning if you are hand timed at 4.5, you are actually closer to 4.65 - 4.7. Too many variables (HUMAN ERROR) in hand timing.

I would agree with that...then add for grass vs. track...which you run on grass at the camps giving you an even slower time...and hope it's not wet or the morning dew is still hanging around since you usually time during the morning hours...not an easy thing to bust a 4.50 or lower at one of these.

i don't think he would have a problem in a 3-4? confused.gif

he'll probably work his first year or two just learning and working out...he has a good frame and will be a monster if someone gives him a chance to work out in the system for a year.

He may even go the FB route if he goes to UK...never know.

Marcum at FB that would be great,he could always go to tech if he ain't offered a ride he could walk on and make it no problem,tech has a great history of walk on FB's and Walk on LB's,I'd love to see another local boy make the team.

Yes, Jarrett Ferguson, Doug Easlick, and Jesse Allen are all FB's who came to Tech as walk-ons. Ferguson was a four year starter. VT is a great place for a walk-on FB. There isn't a better running backs coach in the country than Billy Hite and he has said he has a special place in his heart for walk-ons.

[ QUOTE ]

Aaron Marcum is one of the best players i have ever played with or against. He has the heart and the talent to play d-2,or a d-1aa, and if he walks on, maybe a d-1 school. He deserves to go to a good school. Now, Mark Muncy, he is a good player, but nowhere near Aaron's calibur. I have played against him a few years and he was no problem for me to block. Especially in the 2003 game at grundy when we won 42-21. and i could barley block aaron in practice or scrimmage. And from my personal experiance aaron is the best linebacker in all of southwest virginia.

Aaron I hope you go to a good school, good luck in the future and maybe ill see ya around.

[/ QUOTE ]

And those comments are coming from one of Grundy's best linemen in the past ten years. Aaron is a talented player with a lot of heart and I believe he'll succeed whereever he decides to go.

Aaron is one of the most coachable players around, he listens carefully to what he's told. I think he has the uncanny ability to adapt to any scheme, and if he did go to UK, I'm sure he'd have no trouble adapting to the 3-4. And he's always trying to get better, he is never satisfied with his game. Even in games where he blew up and had 20+tackles, he focuses on what he may have done wrong and always looks to improve his game. He'll be an asset to whichever school he decides to attend.

There is use for a fullback in UK's current system...but next year I think you will them go back to many more shotgun and 4/5 wide sets w/the new OC...but we'll have towait and see...

as far as the 3-4...yes there is gonna be plenty of time for him to blitz...and UK needs a sure tackler like Marcum...we miss so many tackles its ridiculous

[ QUOTE ]

You mean UK still has a football team? I heard it was pretty rough for the footbal team over there no one repected them or nothing.would Marcum go the UK?

[/ QUOTE ]

probation will do that to you...we went 7-5 2 years back...and would have been in a bowl game w/o probation...

we're on the way up...excellent recruiting classes coming in...and u'r questioning whether or not Marcum would come to play in the SEC...one of the most traditon rich football conferences in America...thats comical

I think it would be a great fit for Aaron...have to see if it works out or not...there are still a few things on the table and nothing is certain at this point, like I said, it will probably be anywhere from mid feb to mid may before we know where he's going to be next season. As soon as anything is certain I'm sure it will be postd here first.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You mean UK still has a football team? I heard it was pretty rough for the footbal team over there no one repected them or nothing.would Marcum go the UK?

[/ QUOTE ]

probation will do that to you...we went 7-5 2 years back...and would have been in a bowl game w/o probation...

we're on the way up...excellent recruiting classes coming in...and u'r questioning whether or not Marcum would come to play in the SEC...one of the most traditon rich football conferences in America...thats comical

[/ QUOTE ]

No i'm not questioning about SEC I'm questioning UK. no offense.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No i'm not questioning about SEC I'm questioning UK. no offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you caught any UK game this year..you would know they lost to UT by 4 on a last sec TD in Knoxville..and lost to USC by a last second TD...this was the worst UK football team in a while..and they still manage to compete...

UK will be building a good team for the future...they are not a football school as much as they are a basketball school, but they are doing some things to change that for the better...new blood and a lot of talent on the way in...like I said...could be a good fit for Aaron, in a couple of years it would afford him the chance to play against the best in the country...can't ask for more than that.

Long way from that though at this point.

[ QUOTE ]

UK will be building a good team for the future...they are not a football school as much as they are a basketball school, but they are doing some things to change that for the better...new blood and a lot of talent on the way in...like I said...could be a good fit for Aaron, in a couple of years it would afford him the chance to play against the best in the country...can't ask for more than that.

Long way from that though at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly its all about basketball down here...me being a former basketball player...I love that aspect of lex...

the main area of concern for UK as fball team..is recruiting outside of KY...this state, as a whole, is weak as can be...so they have to compete w/the UTs, UGAs, UAs, AUs, LSUs...etc for out of state talent....it makes it tough for UK in football

There are a lot of good kids out there looking to play...think outside of the box a little and go get some hard nose football players and stop trying to get the blue chippers everyone else is after because you know you are not getting them...those kids have one thing on their mind and thats football...not an education or basketball. There is a ton of talent around, it's just finding it and giving it a chance.

I like some of the coaching moves they have made...I think it's the first step in the right direction...won't happen overnight...but in 3 years it could be a lot different.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Marcum is headed to UK...not a done deal yet but that's where he wants to go now and looks like it could work out...should know more in a few weeks...as soon as it works out one way or another for sure I'll let you guys know. grin.gif Either way, he's my boy and I'm proud of him no matter where he ends up...but, I hope it's UK! grin.gif